Product Marketing Manager, Competitive Intelligence
Slack is on a mission to make your working life simpler, more pleasant and more productive. We are looking for a Competitive Intelligence Product Marketing Manager to join our fast growing Marketing organization in San Francisco, CA. We seek a skilled, curious marketer to drive competitive intelligence, and build a subject matter expertise that supports the overall growth of our company. This role requires strong leadership, project management, interpersonal and analytical skills.
Reporting into the Enterprise Product Marketing Lead, the Competitive Intelligence Marketing Manager will lead competitive positioning and content strategy to enable our sales team to compete effectively in the field. This marketer will provide actionable intelligence, regular training, and scalable processes. Working closely with product marketing and sales enablement, this individual will develop and launch competitive programs, develop clear product and messaging differentiation, and support other corporate messaging initiatives. This is a highly cross-functional role that partners closely with Product Management, Sales and Marketing leadership.
Within the first six months, this individual will make an impact by developing an operational win/loss program to help capture insights that drive product, sales and marketing strategy for the business. The Product Marketing Manager, Competitive Intelligence will build competitively differentiated messaging and positioning to support sales growth, and create operational processes to share competitive insights and strategic takeaways with Product, Marketing and Sales. We see this role as being the go-to-expert on key competitors in the collaboration solution market to inform executive decision making.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Engage in deep, accurate and timely ongoing market research and analysis of companies’ product and GTM strategy
- Partner with Sales and Sales Enablement to provide actionable competitive intelligence, sales tools, training, and consultative engagement to serve the needs of the field (battlecards, whitepapers, presentations, etc.)
- Work closely with Public Relations and Executive leadership to deliver timely messaging in response to relevant product launches and announcements
- Guide and influence product positioning and messaging based on product differentiation
- Contribute to critical product decision-making by partnering with Product Management
What you should have
- Have three+ years of competitive intelligence, product marketing or time in a customer-facing role
- Experience commanding competitive projects, including win/loss analysis, market analysis, marketing collateral creation, and internal enablement sessions
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong ability to present in front of customers, prospects, and executives
- Solid understanding of Enterprise SaaS applications and collaboration technology
- History of productive collaboration with product, sales and marketing teams
- Strong project management, critical and analytical thinking skills
- Proven ability to lead and influence cross-functional teams
- Four year degree
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.