Manager, Software Engineering, Quality
Slack is searching for an experienced Quality Engineering Manager to lead a growing team of manual and automated engineers supporting our Enterprise Engineering team. A qualified candidate will share their passion for excellence and advocate a user-first approach to building high-quality software.
Slack Quality Engineering fosters excellence throughout the software development and delivery process. This team is responsible for automated and manual testing of Slack’s features.
- Manage a growing team of experienced manual and automated test engineers.
- Attract and hire key talent.
- Promote active, continuous learning and improvement within your team. Cultivate team members’ growth through feedback, coaching and career development.
- Manage multiple concurrent projects while effectively solving problems that cross product boundaries.
- Develop creative strategies for achieving high quality on complex and challenging assignments.
- Establish strong partnerships and champion quality throughout a cross-functional organization.
- Communicate quantitative and qualitative quality metrics, analysis and risks to stakeholders.
- Drive a quality-first approach to software development and delivery.
- Three years leading Quality teams in testing consumer and / or enterprise software.
- Ten years experience as a Quality Engineer, with deep expertise in manual and automated test planning and execution.
- Solid project management, organizational and time management skills.
- Deep passion for superb user experience and technical integrity.
- Ability to establish strong rapport and communicate with exceptional clarity.
Slack has a positive, diverse and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and working to be better every single day. We aim to be smart, humble, hard-working and collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.