Sr. Product Manager, Desktop Client Experiences
Slack is looking for an experienced product manager to join our Client Experiences team to lead and deliver top-notch desktop experiences. This product manager will work with engineers, designers and other product managers to guide the design, development, and delivery of Slack’s desktop capabilities on Windows, macOS and web. This is a unique opportunity to improve Slack’s desktop experience and make Slack an easy, intuitive and powerful product for an ever-evolving digital workplace.
Do you get excited about working on productivity tools and want to help users find experiences that make their working lives simpler, more pleasant, and more productive? Great. Come work at Slack!
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Responsible for owning the product vision for how teams organize, share, and collaborate around content through Slack, driving the product roadmap and execution for our desktop apps on Windows, macOS and web.
- Run collaborative user research studies to find user experience touch points and identify core use cases that our customers rely on to “get work done”.
- Own features and prototype plans end-to-end, including writing product specs, driving cross-functional execution, making thoughtful product decisions along the way, and sharing insights and results throughout the company.
- Demonstrate product taste and craftsmanship and be a champion for the customer informed by research, sales and the customer experience team. You will be responsible for driving a crucial product initiative at Slack and should show the attention to detail this responsibility deserves.
- Identify the highest impact work, prioritize that work, and deliver improvements in a measurable way. Along the way, you’ll partner with colleagues in product, engineering, design and customer support to create a healthy, high-achieving team.
- Set a clear go-to-market strategy in partnership with product marketing.
- Represent the needs of customers and users company-wide while also representing Slack to customers and partners.
What you should have
- A genuine self-starter who proactively identifies challenges/opportunities and works across the team to generate and execute solutions.
- Deeply curious and understand the importance of “why” before you get into the “what” - you are a person with “strong opinions, loosely held”
- Strong technically and have a track record of successfully delivering solutions on native desktop clients across: Windows, macOS and web.
- Approach complex challenges methodically, building decision making frameworks founded on qualitative and quantitative data
- Proven track record shipping elegant, pleasant, productive user-facing products at scale in a highly dynamic environment
- A university degree (BS or MS) in Computer Science, a related degree or equivalent experience is recommended
- 5+ years of product management experience
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- 5+ years* of product management, designer, or data science experience
- Deep understanding of native design patterns and technical constraints of Windows, macOS and web clients.
- Enterprise software experience in user-facing tools strongly preferred.
- Experience working with third-parties on technology and product-based partnerships.
- Passionate about Slack and the problems we are solving.
- Tolerance for ambiguity, creativity in strategy and execution tactics, and always improving on the status quo.
* Through trial and error we've learned that people don't apply unless we provide a guideline. But what’s more important to us than a number are the experiences you’ve had, and the skills you’ve developed, regardless of the length of time it took you to get where you are. Have 10+ years? Awesome, please apply. Have only 3 years, but feel you meet the requirements above? Great, please apply.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.