Learning & Certification Program Manager
Slack is more than just a tech company. We are on a mission to make working lives simpler, more pleasant and more productive. We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our Slack Values are woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent eager to do the best work of their lives while supporting others in doing the same.
We are seeking a smart, hardworking, and humble Learning and Certification Program Manager to partner with stakeholders to design, organize, manage and scale our learning and certification programs. This person will be responsible for program project planning and managing various work-streams simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
Slack has a diverse and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Lead operational interactions with badging, exam development, learning management and payment vendors
- Work with stakeholders to scope and define certification requirements and gather specific needs, including learning objectives, desired content and approach
- Support certification exam localization activities to ensure timely release of content across learning programs
- Lead certification project workstreams by providing operational structure and support as the certification consultant
- Work closely with instructional designers and creative teams to create foundational and engaging learning experiences
- Manage online and in-person event planning, logistics, communications and execution of online and in-person learning and certification events
- Design exam development initiatives by coordinating SME recruitment, communication and rewards/incentives
- Conduct customer and user acceptance testing of systems prior to program releases and upgrades
- Support beta and general availability launches for learning programs
- Connect with subject matter experts and customers to identify common skill gaps across the learning, badging and certification programs
- Responsible for working with cross functional teams in Slack to build and scale the certification and learning ecosystem
What you should have
- 6 or more years’ experience in Project/Program Management
- Knowledge of learning management and certification systems
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with multiple teams and stakeholders
- Certification program and project management experience
- Knowledge of exam development, localization, training and education including courses released on online learning platforms
- Ability to scale and localize exam and web content
- A working knowledge of form building, exam blueprint development and assessment design
- Ability to manage vendor relationships
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.