Manager, Sales - SMB
Slack is more than just a tech company, we are on a mission to make your working life simpler, more pleasant and more productive. We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our Slack Values are woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that is eager to do the best work of their lives while supporting others in doing the same.
We are searching for an exceptional Sales Manager to manage the SMB Account Executives on our Business Growth Sales team in Tokyo, Japan. The Manager will set team goals, hire and develop team members, and will work cross functionally with sales and marketing leaders. The successful candidate needs to communicate effectively across multiple departments, have the ability to shift gears at a moment's notice, and enjoy the challenges of providing excellent customer service in a dynamic environment.
This is a role for an experienced performer who is passionate about the opportunity to become a leader in one of the fastest growing technology companies globally. If you enjoy working with customers from a variety of industries in a rapidly changing environment, then come and join us!
What you’ll be doing:
- Hire, lead and develop a team of SMB Account Executives, applying best practices to produce maximum results
- Develop outbound lead generation and outreach strategy via strong metrics
- Use quantitative methods to measure, manage, and optimize efforts and allocation of resources
- Develop strong partnerships and rapport with Sales Leadership. Work with Sales Managers and Executives towards common goals of pipeline generation.
- Establish metrics and help the team improve by understanding their performance
- Identify and make recommendations for improvement in the areas of process, efficiency, and productivity
- Develop strong partnership with external partners to maximize leads
- Plan and execute GTM for SMB, which is a new team in Japan
- Maintain focus and commitment on assigned targets
- Help build a fun, high energy environment where people love coming to work
What you should have:
- 3+ years of Account Executive management experience
- 5+ years of Sales experience preferably within an Enterprise SaaS organization
- Solid understanding of Enterprise SaaS applications and collaboration technology
- Consistent track record of achieving personal and team goals
- Excellent coaching, writing, discovery and presentation skills
- History of thriving in a rapidly-changing environment
- Enthusiasm for increasing customer happiness and deepening customer relationships
- Comfortable and willing to be a hands-on contributor
- Ideal candidate will have previous sales management experience
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.