Manager, Developer Support
At Slack, we consider Customer Experience essential to our success. We have a healthy roster of high-profile companies that rely on Slack for their day-to-day communication, and we want to provide the best service possible. Our Customer Experience team's top priority is to make our customers successful and ensure that their experience using Slack is a pleasant and productive one.
As a manager of Developer Support for the Slack Platform, you will lead a team of talented individuals who support both the developers who build on our platform and the customers who use their tools.
This is a demanding role that requires strong leadership, time management, and communication skills. Your team will look to you for guidance to help them reach their goals and grow in their careers. You will communicate openly and regularly with your team members about their performance, aspirations, and well-being. Your exemplary character, passion, and understanding of what it takes to provide developers with the best experience possible will allow you to encourage positive interactions with our users and inspire your team.
Slack’s platform is an important and growing part of our product and company, and supporting those who build on it is as critical as supporting those who use it. Our Platform Support team works closely with both the Platform and Developer Relations teams as user advocates and gives an internal voice to our developer community. The person in this role is responsible for ensuring that we provide the best service we possibly can.
What you will be doing
- You will lead a team of 4 to 8 Developer Support Agents across different offices and time-zones. It’s up to you to ensure that developers who build on our platform receive accurate and timely support.
- You will support and advocate personal and professional growth of everyone on your team.
- You will lead by example, teach and help develop learning processes.
- You might work alongside the team, answering some support tickets and helping developers build and thrive on our platform.
- You will work with your team to discuss, plan, and implement process improvements.
- You will be an internal advocate with the Platform team for both end users of our product and developers on our platform.
- You will gather data-driven insights and relay product insights from developer sentiments and work with multiple cross-functional teams to deliver results.
- You will partner with our operations and product engineering teams to build, and enhance our tools and processes.
What you should have
- You have solid leadership experience and an understanding of the dynamics involved in team leadership.
- You have experience leading a technical team and oversaw their growth and performance directly.
- You have a genuine interest in the happiness, well-being, and success of everyone on your team. You feel fulfilled when they are reaching their fullest potential.
- You have experience with and an understanding of the different layers of the web technology stack, and how they work together to make a functional web application. You are not intimidated by the technology.
- You are comfortable with at least one server-side scripting language.
- You care deeply about data and love deriving insights, showing strong analytical experience.
- You are skilled at explaining technical problems succinctly and clearly.
- You have prior experience doing support for a web application and you know how to do it well. You know that every bit of work you do makes a real difference in making a user happy.
- You care deeply, genuinely and passionately about customer and developer support and about the role it plays in making a customer-centric team successful.
- You are a strong, confident, and exacting writer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or related field (or equivalent degree and work experience)
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.