At Slack, we believe that our success is directly tied to the value our customers derive from our product. We demonstrate Slack’s platform flexibility by designing and delivering the right experiences for our customers, their teams and the individuals within it.
As a technical architect, you are responsible for engaging with our largest and most strategic customers to assess and design the technical rollout and launch plan for Slack. You are a key member of the Customer Success services team with a technical background and competencies in development, integration, solution architecture and security.
You will conduct detailed technical discovery workshops, assess cultural, structural and business functions with security requirements while translating these findings for a foundational Slack solution built for scale and flexibility. This design will include details on the workspaces, user management, authentication, bots, integrations, and settings & permissions required to ensure there are no technical barriers to user adoption of Slack. You will be responsible for advising on integration implementations, including key production systems from GitHub, Jira, Workday, Google Apps, etc. In addition, you'll be customizing client applications. You love strategically working with clients and in this role, you'll be advising customers on how best to implement Slack APIs and Developer tool kits.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative.
What you will be doing
- You facilitate customer facing workshops with the technical team and develop a technical deployment plan
- You ensure flawless integration with other systems and apps, including identity management, eDiscovery, data loss prevention, other SaaS products, and internal systems.
- You assist in secure setup of the customer’s Slack environment based on IT, governance and technical requirements.
- You remove technical roadblocks for organization-wide software distribution
- You present detailed technical information and benefits of the Slack platform to a wide array of customers, including a line of business managers, developers, technical architects, and executives.
What you should have
- You possess outstanding written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to go a mile deep with technical customer resources or to explain the most basic capabilities to a business user.
- You have excellent presentation skills for presenting both business-oriented solutions and advanced technical concepts.
- You have experience leading and crafting technical projects, engaging with, and motivating change across multiple levels of IT executives and organizations.
- You have past experience working directly with Sales and Success teams, Consultants, and System Integrators.
- You have a bachelor's degree required in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Business.
- You have at least 5+ years of previous development, consulting, professional services or sales engineering experience.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.