Senior Financial Analyst, Product BizOps
Slack is looking for an experienced Senior Analyst to join our Product and Engineering Business Operations team. As a member of the team, which sits within our Finance organization, you will be responsible for partnering closely with our self-serve business teams, with primary responsibilities around forecasting and analyzing revenue for this business.
To be successful in this role, strong analytical, modeling and operational skills are a must. You will focus on our long-term self-service funnel, delivering key funnel conversion insights and driving forecast predictability across financial and operating metrics. To ensure strong alignment with business trajectory, you must be effective at partnering with executive business leaders and feel confident presenting to our CFO.
You will collaborate most closely with our Product and Marketing teams responsible for shepherding customers through our self-serve customer journey. These customers hear about Slack through campaigns, sign up through our website, onboard their teams and expand usage through their organizations and beyond. The right candidate will help drive decision-making and prioritization across these internal business partners. Additionally, you will work closely with our Analytics teams to investigate, and report out on, trends in the business.
The BizOps team builds the operational and financial infrastructure needed to scale with Slack’s growth. The team is looked to as a center of excellence combining analytics and strategic thinking to drive key business decisions.
What you will be doing
- Build and maintain our self-serve forecast model, in collaboration with our Analytics team, to report out on key Saas business and financial metrics (including funnel conversion metrics, annual recurring revenue, paid teams, expansion, churn etc.)
- Define key drivers and run sensitivity scenarios across these drivers to understand the impact by key marketing and product initiatives
- Investigate trends and respond to questions around the underlying self-serve business by executive leaders and our CFO
- Partner with Product and Marketing leaders to help drive decision making and prioritization, including connecting the dots across cross-functional initiatives and teams
- Build and nurture strong, cross-functional relationships with senior executives across areas of the company
- Prepare presentations and regularly report out on the performance of the business to our stakeholders
- Provide support across all Investor Relations activities and Board of Director meeting preparation
What you should have
- 3+ years of finance experience, preferably at an investment bank or rapid-growth Saas company
- Strong presentation and communication skills and ability to distill complex issues into structured frameworks and concrete plans
- Experience managing to and hitting aggressive deadlines
- Demonstrated excellence in business analytics and tools, including advanced Excel skills and planning systems experience. SQL skills are a plus.
- Undergraduate degree in finance, economics or a quantitative discipline
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.