Executive Assistant, Sales and Customer Success
Slack is looking for a dynamic Executive Assistant to work alongside our Country Manager in Tokyo. Do you have a natural inclination toward logistics and planning? Are you the type of person who jumps in with both feet when it comes to taking on new tasks and projects? Do you thrive at handling multiple demands in a rapidly changing environment? Are you collaborative and lovely to work with? Then don’t stop reading! Come work at Slack! We’re nice too.
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide strategic administrative and project management support for our Tokyo Country Manager
- Extensive calendar management and travel planning for both internal and external meetings
- Prepare international travel arrangements and itineraries, and meticulously file expenses
- Plan and execute team events, meetings, offsites, and other special functions
- Draft and manage correspondence and communications on behalf of the executive, as appropriate
- Partner with internal stakeholders on projects, initiatives and events
- Provide long-term planning support and scheduling activities
- Must be extremely adaptable to the ever-changing needs of a fast growing technology company
- Ability to work flexibly in terms of responsibilities and responsiveness
- Act as a liaison both internally and externally, maintaining a sense of professionalism and collaboration at all times
What you should have:
- 4+ years of recent, full-time administrative/executive support, reporting to one or more executives
- Experience working with executives in a fast-paced environment preferably in technology, media, internet or related companies
- Highly proficient in Google Apps, particularly Google Calendar, and Google Docs
- Flexible - in terms of responsibilities and responsiveness with a positive “can-do” spirit
- Natural ability to multitask and prioritize in a dynamic environment
- Quick learner - have a “knack” for tech – able to figure out new systems and adapt on the go
- Independent - you will be able to work under little direction and exercise sound judgment when making time sensitive decisions
- Team player - able to thrive in a team setting with a willingness to help others
- Self-starter - know when to trust your instincts and when to ask for help
- Problem solver - you will be able to actively find a creative solution efficiently and proactively
- Trustworthy - must have impeccable discretion with access to sensitive company, customer, and personal information
- Professional demeanor and comfortable working with executives and VIP visitors
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Written and spoken fluency in both Japanese and English
- Previous startup experience, preferably in a rapid, high growth environment
- Previous experience using Slack
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.