Slack is hiring a Designer to help us tell the world about Slack through thoughtfully crafted content, engaging experiences, and end-to-end campaigns. You’ll be joining a dynamic group of designers, artists, and writers on our Design team to build awareness of the Slack brand and product benefits. Designers serve a vital role here—from the craft and finish of every detail on our high-traffic public-facing websites, to designing the look and feel of multiple customer-facing touchpoints. We appreciate designers who think deeply, speak clearly, and love collaboration and feedback. You will partner with a cross-functional team of designers, copywriters, developers, and marketing managers to build user-focused work across our digital marketing channels. Experience designing for email, social, and web is key—it’s an added bonus if you have animation knowledge to really bring your work to life. The ideal candidate for this role is proactive, willing to help out on any project, and is passionate about collaborating and learning from the other creative team members. The position will report to the Design Director.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Work closely with the creative team to scale and amplify the Slack brand in new ways by building out our marketing email experience in addition to contributing to our website and other digital channels
- Design for a wide range of projects including web, email, social, and performance marketing to create a consistent narrative across all marketing touchpoints
- Build out templates for a self-serve email experience and contribute to the strategy in creating more specific email-based campaigns
- Help define and extend Slack’s visual language and implementation across our online and digital channels
- Work within our established design system to modify, test, and build digital experiences across devices
- Help us connect with our global audience through the localization of both visual and copy assets across platforms
- Partner with our global marketing team, engineering partners, copywriters, and product designers to shape the brand personality of Slack
What you should have
- 5+ years of relevant work experience, preferably in-house tech experience on a product-focused team or as part of an agency
- A proven foundation of design principles and an eye for details through alignment, hierarchy, typography, grid, and user experience. Experience contributing to a design system is a bonus.
- Experience collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment
- Strong ability to provide, understand, and distill feedback and recommend solutions
- Experience with user flows, sketching, and prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions. Slack and Figma experience is a plus.
- Experience partnering with marketing and engineering teams to deliver assets and optimize for all iterations needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An interest in being involved in the end-to-end content development process: You consider the challenges our users face, and design elegant, simple, and on-brand visual experiences that help move them forward and solve their problems
- A collaborative approach: You’re motivated by working with others to develop an approach that takes into account the perspective and expertise of the group
- Animation, photography, and image retouching skills are a bonus
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.