Public Relations Manager
Slack replaces email inside of companies to make people’s working lives simpler, more pleasant and more productive. Businesses and teams of every type and size depend on Slack to drive alignment, improve collaboration, get more from their software tools and create a permanent knowledge base. We care deeply about how our customers relate to our brand and our product.
The Public Relations Manager is critical to our success. You will expand our communications function. You will help build and execute communications campaigns in support of our business objectives. You will be critical to helping journalists and other key audiences understand why Slack is transformative. You are a master storyteller and will help identify how, when and to which audiences to engage. We seek a creative self-starter who inspires confidence!
What you will be doing
- Lead local / regional media relations outreach (executive, business, product, etc.)
- Drive evangelism of Slack’s narrative
- Develop strategy and lead execution of communications programs and thought leadership efforts
- Partner closely with international counterparts to ensure that efforts which work locally are incorporated in other countries and leverage the best of what works elsewhere locally / regionally
- Partner closely with Sales, Marketing, Product and Engineering, Legal and others on cross functional initiatives
- Lead agency teams to execute
- Develop and edit communication materials (including briefing materials)
- Staff interview and speaking opportunities as necessary
What you should have
- Strong media relations skills and a passion for PR (8+ years experience)
- Agency/In-house enterprise software communications preferred
- Critical thinker; strong executive presence; ability to hold a “seat at the table” alongside other areas of the business
- Hunger for an exciting opportunity; ready to roll up your sleeves and dig in!
- A self-starter, able to run with projects with (at times) minimal direction
- Passionate about Slack and about learning about how work is evolving
- Exceptional writing skills
- Collaborative and able to work cross-functionally
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and able to meet deadlines consistently
- Creative, thoughtful and passionate about storytelling
- Skilled at managing up, prioritizing and setting expectations as needed
- Open and effective communicator; someone who is not afraid to throw out an idea or challenge an existing one to help advance Slack’s mission
- Curious; eager to learn and open to trying new things
- Flexible, adaptable and open: able to juggle multiple projects at once and unphased by change whenever it happens (because in this environment things can and do often shift very quickly)
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.