Director, Customer Success - East Region
Director, Customer Success - East Region
Slack is on a mission to make your working life simpler, more pleasant and more productive. Culture is the north star that guides how we work together and with our customers. Are you looking to build something greater than yourself? Do you want to work alongside some of the most talented and dynamic people in the industry? If so, Slack just might be the place for you.
The Director for our East Region will be responsible for leading a team of 4+ first line managers and 25+ customer success professionals across the region, which includes 6 sub-regions / verticals. This role will partner with Sales and cross-functional leaders to develop and execute strategies that drive the success of our customers. You will be a part of the broader global Sales and Customer Success leadership team.
You will continue to build and develop a world-class team that lives Slack’s values. Working closely with Sales and other Customer Success teams, you will be responsible for ensuring the successful adoption, maturity, growth and retention of our Customers (typically Fortune 1000). You will engage with strategic customers throughout their journey, establishing long-term executive relationships that help ensure they realize the full value of Slack. You and your management team will help define and drive key initiatives, processes, tools and programs regionally and across the Customer Success organization.
You will ensure that your team delivers on regional targets and key performance metrics. Additionally, you’ll work collaboratively with leaders across the broader Slack organization (Product, Marketing, Engineering) as an advocate for our Customers and business leader at Slack.
What you will be doing:
- As the most senior member of our Customer Success team in NY, you will build, lead and develop a world-class team of CSMs and Managers that live Slack’s values
- Continue to build upon the high-performing, fun culture of our East Coast team and New York City office
- Partner with Sales leadership, cross-functional teams, and your managers to develop and execute regional strategies that create successful, growing customers
- Contribute to overall AMER Customer Success vision and strategy
- Deliver regional targets and key metrics through operational excellence
- Drive change across the region and more broadly, marshaling and guiding resources to implement impactful, scalable solutions
- Partner with the Sales organization to engage in pre-sales activities for strategic opportunities
- Help personally create customer wins, model customers, references and case studies
- Establish trusted, consistent relationships with Customer executives to ensure and drive their success
- Actively engaged in account strategy and a part of executing the strategy for select accounts
- Prioritize investment of resources and efforts with customers
- Collaborate effectively across Slack with cross-functional partners (Product, Marketing, Engineering) to drive success for our Customers and Slack
What you should have:
- 10+ years of experience overseeing customer success or professional services teams and organizations, preferably with strong exposure to SaaS
- Experience leading seasoned and new managers
- Demonstrated experience leading and working in a dynamic, high-growth environment
- Strong commitment to growing and developing team members
- Track record of delivering against targets and KPIs
- Proven success in establishing a clear vision and driving change within a Customer facing organization
- Customer-centric mindset that informs strategies, tactics and execution
- Excellent executive-level communication skills both with customers and internally
- Experience building executive relationships and driving/influencing change with large, complex organizations (e.g. F500, governmental agencies)
- Diplomacy, tact, and poise under pressure when working through customer issues
- Bachelor's degree required
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.