People Program Manager, M&A and Expansion
Slack’s People Operations team is looking for a globally-minded Program Manager to lead M&A HR integration efforts as well as our ability to employ in new locations. Our mission is to make the working lives of our employees simpler, more pleasant and more productive.
What we need:
Someone with broad, practical knowledge of what it takes to be able to employ around the world who can own the work of People team growth projects from inception through completion. We are looking for someone who will effectively partner with internal and external stakeholders in order to ask the right questions, drive clarity and advise on the right course of action. You should be comfortable (and actually thrive) in a deeply dynamic environment. We are searching for someone who is a critical thinker, naturally curious and intrinsically motivated to continuously improve the way we work!
What you’ll be doing:
- Partner with various business groups (Compensation, Benefits, People Partners, Recruiting, Payroll, Stock Administration, Legal, Business Development, etc.) to identify, scope and handle people processes related to M&A and geographic expansion activities.
- Perform people-related due diligence, identify risks and opportunities, validate assumptions, identify challenges and make recommendations on People strategy surrounding M&A and expansion
- Develop program/project plan and schedules in partnership with internal partners, Business Operations and Corporate Development.
- Partner with People Partners to facilitate the organizational & cultural integration and coordinate the organizational change strategy of HR processes, policies, systems, & applications
- Manage all people operations processes regarding hiring and onboarding for M&A.
What you should have:
- 5+ years of proven experience managing people programs, preferably with an international growth or M&A focus.
- Basic familiarity with the legal, tax, compliance and operational challenges stemming from a global workforce.
- Strong project management skills and ability to meet business deadlines.
- Proven track record to collaborate cross-functionally, build positive relationships and become a trusted partner to relevant cross functional partners.
- Experience designing, building and executing on sophisticated global people programs and projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization
- Proven track record to successfully prioritize multiple projects and priorities and able to shift direction when priorities change.
- A creative demeanor and ability to complete high-quality projects quickly in ‘fast follow’ phases.
- A passion for learning new technologies quickly and teaching others what you’ve learned.
- Familiarity with Slack strongly preferred.
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.