Manager, SMB Sales
Slack is on a mission to make your working life simpler, more pleasant and more productive. We are looking to hire a manager for our rapidly growing ANZ Mid Market sales team. Our culture is the north star that guides how we work together and with our customers.
Are you looking to build something greater than yourself? Do you want to work alongside some of the most talented and dynamic people in the industry? If so, Slack just might be the place for you.
You will build and run a diverse team of talented individuals looking for mentorship and you will help grow their careers. In addition, you will remove barriers to Customer adoption of Slack and collaborate with the broader Leadership Team. This is a demanding role that requires strong leadership, priority management and interpersonal skills.
What you’ll be doing:
- Directly support and manage a team of Mid-Market Account Executives in achieving key performance metrics and goals
- Support ongoing growth and development including recruiting, hiring, and training of all team members, and continue to build a team that wins together
- Elevate customer and prospect meetings and help define a strong business case
- Partner with Marketing and other cross-functional teams to drive success and prioritize where Slack invests its resources
- Conduct weekly forecast meetings and coach Account Executives on strategies to reach their goals
- Report on sales activity and manage a regular revenue forecast
- Work with your team to discuss, plan and implement process improvements
What you should have:
- 8 + years of Sales experience preferably within a Mid Market / Enterprise SaaS organization
- 1-2 + years of quota carrying sales management experience is preferable
- Solid understanding of Enterprise SaaS applications and collaboration technology
- Consistent track record of selling software into Mid Market sized accounts and larger as well as achieving personal and team goals
- Ability to grow business in a strategic manner including demand generation
- Excellent coaching, writing, discovery and presentation skills
- History of thriving in a rapidly-changing environment
- Enthusiasm for increasing customer happiness and deepening customer relationships
- Comfortable and willing to be a hands-on contributor
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.