Manager, Small-Medium Account Executives
Slack is on a mission to make your working life simpler, more pleasant and more productive. We are looking for a Sales Manager to join our fast growing Sales organization and manage a team of Manager, Small-Medium Account Executives.
Our culture is the north star that guides how we work together and with our customers. Are you looking to build something greater than yourself? Do you want to work alongside some of the most talented and dynamic people in the industry? If so, Slack just might be the place for you!
You are driven, curious, intelligent and deeply passionate about your craft. You will build and run a diverse team of talented individuals looking for mentorship and help growing their careers. In addition, you will remove barriers to Customer adoption of Slack and collaborate with the broader Leadership Team. This is a fast paced role that requires strong leadership, priority management and interpersonal skills.
Our ideal candidate is a team-player who has a proven track record of excelling in sales and taking initiative above and beyond the call of duty.
- Mentor and manage a team of Manager, Small-Medium Account Executives that have fun winning together
- Build a new regional team to help our SMB organization expand
- Own ongoing growth and development; recruiting, hiring, training and mentoring reps
- Use regular pipeline coaching and management sessions to assist rep skill development
- Support AE in customer and prospect meetings and help define a strong business case
- Help AE strategize with Solution Engineering, Customer Success and other cross-functional teams to drive success and maximize resource allocation
- Hone execution by listening to calls with customers and convert them to coaching opportunities
- Conduct regular pipeline and big-deal-reviews to mentor Account Executives on strategies and learn where they can be shared with others
- Report on sales activity and lead a regular revenue forecast for your leadership team
- Achieve key performance metrics and goals
- Work with your team and leadership to discuss, plan and implement improvements
- 1+ years of Account Executive management experience
- 5+ years of Sales experience preferably within an Enterprise SaaS organization
- Solid understanding of Enterprise SaaS applications and collaboration technology
- Consistent track record of achieving personal and team goals
- Excellent mentor, writing, discovery and presentation skills
- History of thriving in a rapidly-changing environment
- Passion for increasing customer happiness and deepening customer relationships
- Comfortable and willing to be a hands-on contributor
- Ideal candidate will have previous sales management experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a cheerful and encouraging place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack!
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.