Business Development Manager
We’re looking for an experienced Business Development Manager to help our partners grow and to help our cross-functional team work smarter. You will source, drive, and build relationships with strategic partners. Ideally, you like Platforms and enjoy helping users find apps that make their working lives simpler, more pleasant, and more productive. A little bit more about you - you treat partners with courtesy and find delight in building successful businesses (for both our partners and Slack).
What you will be doing:
- Drive adoption of Slack’s platform among companies offering software products and services to businesses and business users
- Own the growth of Slack’s B2B partner ecosystem while facilitating product and platform collaboration between partners and internal product teams
- Understand and communicate market opportunities, trends, needs and partner feedback to cross-functional teams
- Develop mutually-beneficial and trusting relationships with partners - make Slack a favored company with which to partner
- Define partnerships strategies and execute on go-to-market plans
What you should have:
- 4+ years of relevant business development experience
- 8+ years overall work experience
- Passion about Slack, our platform and the problem we are solving
- A thought leader who drives business forward and keeps our team ahead of trends
- Great track record of sourcing, developing, and maintaining partner relationships
- Strong product sensibility, and comfort with basic technical feasibility of partner integrations
- Experience developing first-of-kind, strategic deals which are creative and align business incentives with great user experiences
- Executive presence in working with senior leadership within Slack and within partner organizations
- In-depth experience operating within and leading cross-functional teams (product management, customer success, legal, finance, marketing, etc.)
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.