Senior Manager, Platform, and Partner Communications
Slack is a messaging app for business which lets you organize conversations into channels so everyone moves faster and stays in sync. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Our mission is to make people’s working lives simpler, more pleasant and more productive.
The Senior Communications Manager, Platform and Partner, is critical to the success of our growing team. You will build and execute integrated communications campaigns in support of our business objectives. You will help reporters, influencers, and other priority audiences understand why Slack is transformative. You are an expert PR practitioner who instinctively understands what makes a good story, but also has a passion for integrated communications, influencer and marketing campaigns that drive results.
You will be responsible for generating broad awareness of the Slack Developer Platform (think: apps, integrations, and workflows) and accompanying partnership initiatives that are growth drivers for the business. Telling these stories in earned, owned and paid opportunities, as well as across our social platforms, will attract new customers to Slack, and help existing customers accelerate the value they derive from the platform.
As a key contributor to the global comms team at Slack, you will join our mission to articulate how to use this period of enormous change - a massive positive shift in the way people work - for good. Through earned, owned and paid programs, you will help guide people and organizations through the transformation required to thrive in the new era of work.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Drive evangelism of Slack’s narrative, with a focus on, but not limited to, the Slack Developer Platform and our partnership initiatives
- Partner closely with product and corporate communications with an “all hands on deck” mentality when big launches and events are at hand
- Partner closely with our Social team in developing content and thought leadership to support our social programs
- Independently develop comms strategies and lead execution of key programs and campaigns, leveraging internal resources and managing your agency team
- Manage proactive and reactive Security and Reliability communications, including for our Bug Bounty program
- Manage proactive and reactive communications for the Slack Fund, Slack’s VC arm that’s invested in notable startups like Hopin, Notion, and MURAL
- Media relations: Platform and product news, thought leadership, proactive user education storytelling
- Partner closely with Product Marketing, Social, AR, Events, Brand, Product & Engineering, Legal and others on cross functional initiatives
- Support Slack’s executive and subject matter expert content program, collaborating closely with key company executives
- Partner and align closely with international counterparts
What you should have
- Strong media relations skills and a passion for PR (10-12 years experience)
- Agency and In-house enterprise software/technology communications preferred
- Developer or security communications experience is preferred
- Experience working closely with executives up to and including c-level
- Hunger for an exciting opportunity; ready to roll up your sleeves and dig in!
- Passionate about Slack and about learning about how work is evolving
- Creative, thoughtful and passionate about storytelling
- Exceptional writing skills
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and able to meet deadlines consistently
- Skilled at managing up, prioritizing and setting expectations as needed
- Open and effective communicator; someone who is not afraid to throw out an idea or challenge an existing one to help advance Slack’s mission
- Curious; eager to learn and open to trying new things
- A self-starter, able to initiate and run with projects
- Collaborative and able to work cross-functionally
- Critical thinker; strong executive presence; ability to hold a “seat at the table” alongside other areas of the business
- Flexible: able to juggle multiple responsibilities at once and unphased by change whenever it happens (“cool as a cucumber”, as they say)
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack!
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.