Account Executive, Large Enterprise (Public Sector)
Slack is more than just a tech company. We are on a mission to make your working life simpler, more pleasant and more productive. We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our Slack Values are woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that is eager to do the best work of their life while supporting others in doing the same.
As an Account Executive, you'll develop partnerships with the provinces, and municipalities within Canada to help build out our Public Sector vertical at Slack. You will work within our Sales Organization to cover existing and potential customers within the sector. You are passionate about being part of a fast-growing company whose platform is transforming the way we all work. This is a strategic role where you will use your expertise and your existing relationships within the government sector to make a huge impact as we gain momentum in this vertical.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- You will manage and grow our Public Sector business with existing and prospect government agencies at the Provincial and Municipal levels
- You will craft solutions within Public Sector accounts as we drive more mature usage of the Slack platform
- You will develop partner relationships and establish strategy for channel GTM
- You will help analyze, prepare and present business cases on potential contracting vehicles, reseller options, and certifications as we assess the highest value efforts
- You will own and drive progress related to government strategy across a cross functional team of Execs, Sales, Marketing, Product, Legal and Operations
What you should have
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5-7 years of field experience selling to Public Sector clients
- Blend of technical aptitude and account management/sales/solutions engineering experience in the public sector (SaaS experience strongly preferred)
- Deep awareness of various contracting options for procurement cycles including reseller landscape, certifications, legal contracts, and schedule intricacies
- Passionate about Slack and the problem we are solving
- Experience with executive-level presentations
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.