Group Product Manager, Spam & Abuse
Slack is on a mission to make your working life simpler, more pleasant, and more productive. By connecting the right people, at the right time, in the right place, with the right tools, Slack drives alignment and accelerates the pace of work— while enabling teams to collaborate in a fuller and more human way.
Slack is seeking a Group Product Manager to create the vision, strategy and product direction for Spam and Abuse at Slack, and lead execution across teams to deliver the vision. This role is ideal for a hands-on individual contributor who can work across teams and functions to influence other product areas, while also directly managing a portfolio of projects. The scope of this role includes designing systems that keep abuse off of Slack, and systems to keep our email, notification and invitation systems free of spam. In this role you’ll work to ensure we are continuously improving our ability to proactively identify threats, by moving detection earlier in the funnel. You’ll work to ensure the security and win the trust of millions users by designing and implementing proactive solutions aimed at making sure that Slack’s features and services are not used by bad actors in ways that are malicious, fraudulent, or illegal.
We’re looking for someone who can devise the vision, strategy and plan that they will execute in collaboration with their security, policy, product, engineering, and other cross-functional partners. The role requires someone comfortable with operating in a highly dynamic environment, who thrives on navigating ambiguity and solving complex problems.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture — we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- You’ll develop the product vision, strategy, and roadmap for Spam & Abuse at Slack, and will communicate that vision and roadmap across the organization.
- You’ll own performance against key business metrics, and will proactively report progress against those goals to the relevant stakeholders.
- You’ll help design anti-spam and anti-abuse systems, including machine learning solutions, and work with engineering teams to improve our ability to prevent and detect spam and abuse on Slack’s systems.
- You’ll drive execution against the Spam & Abuse roadmap in collaboration with product, engineering, security, legal, policy, design, customer experience, privacy and marketing peers: making trade-offs, anticipating staffing needs, risks, and ensuring frequent and clear communication.
- You’ll own features and experiments end-to-end, including writing product specs, driving cross-functional execution, ensuring the right go to market plans are in place, and sharing insights and results throughout the company.
- You are an authority on your product area, and will consult with industry experts to ensure our practices and policies are keeping up with the latest developments in the security, spam, fraud and abuse spaces.
- You’ll advise teams across Slack on how to ensure their products can’t be used in malicious ways, and that appropriate preventive measures and mitigations are built into our features and systems from the start.
- You will help evaluate paid features offered in free trials for abuse potential, and develop strategies for mitigating or preventing abuse of those.
- You will work to ensure that Slack Connect is the most secure and trusted tool for multi-organization business communication by keeping invitations to join Slack safe, by ensuring that people joining the Slack network are trustworthy, and that Slack Connect remains free of malware and spam.
- You’ll ensure our Platform remains safe for end users by helping design systems that prevent bad actors from using the Slack Platform maliciously.
What you should have
- Passionate about Slack and the problems we’re solving, and equally passionate about keeping abuse and spam off of Slack.
- Experience leading major Spam & Abuse initiatives across enterprise and/or direct-to-customer business products.
- A clear focus on the impact of your work, and a consistent history of delivering measurable results for both users and the business.
- An ability to work collaboratively with key stakeholders from go-to-market to policy, legal to security, and more. You build support for your ideas by default, but can drive hard decisions when needed.
- You can take rough themes and ideas big and small, and turn them into a roadmap of fixes, new features, experiments, requirements, and research in service of a larger vision.
- You are comfortable and skilled at communicating to and gaining traction with audiences of all sizes, from executive meetings with our CEO, to customer meetings, to company all-hands and external events.
- You create written communication that is clear, concise and effective, and can individualize for different audiences.
- You have impeccable judgment and have a track record of making smart high-consequence decisions. You will own important product interactions that impact every Slack user, and show the attention to detail this responsibility deserves.
- You are proficient in querying languages (SQL preferred), and have sufficient technical domain expertise to drive alignment on technical requirements with Security, ML, and Engineering stakeholders.
- You want to solve systemic problems with systemic solutions, and you have a bias toward automated solutions that prevent signs of spam or abuse from ever being observable in the product.
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.