Group Product Manager, Enterprise Administration
We are seeking a product manager to lead Enterprise Administration as part of the Enterprise Grid Product Team! The mission of our Enterprise Administration team is to make administration of Slack easy and scalable. In this role, you’ll set the product vision and roadmap as well as oversee development for features that define how administrators manage Slack workspaces, channels, and organization settings at scale. You’ll focus on business metrics, outstanding product quality, user research, and hands-on prototyping. You’ll work quickly with incredible engineers and designers and put the user’s needs above everything else.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Own Enterprise Administration strategy end-to-end, including writing product specs, driving cross-functional alignment, making thoughtful product decisions, and sharing insights and results across the company
- Demonstrate product taste and craftsmanship and be a champion for the customer informed by research, sales, and the customer experience team. Drive this crucial product initiative at Slack with strong attention to detail.
- Identify the highest impact work, prioritize that work, and deliver improvements in a measurable way. Partner with colleagues in product, engineering, design, and customer support to create a healthy, high-achieving team.
- Be responsible for everything from high functioning infrastructure and performance to more future thinking prototypes and features that center around scale, ease of use, and delegation of administrative responsibilities
- Set a clear go-to-market strategy in partnership with product marketing
What you should have
- 8+ years of Product Management experience, ideally in enterprise collaboration or productivity software
- Demonstrated experience leading business-critical product initiatives and turning big ideas into a roadmap of features and research with minimal guidance
- Excellent eye for detail and demonstrated obsession with building great user experiences
- Ability to think both big and small to build incremental features and prototypes in service of a larger vision. Comfort working in paper-prototypes while building out scalable features for demanding enterprise clients and knowing when to do which.
- Natural leadership. You know how to influence people to get things done across any job function. People love working with you.
- Clear and effective written communication that leads to fast decision making
- Passionate about Slack and the problem we are solving (previous enterprise software experience is not required)
- Comfortable and skilled at presenting to and gaining traction with audiences of all sizes — from executive meetings with our CEO and customer syncs to company all-hands and external events
- Technically proficient: capable of wading into the details, but can also drive a 30k foot view
- You’ve worked on enterprise products before and have strong opinions on what makes for an excellent administration experience
- You have a design background or strong experience building well-designed and useful products
For Colorado-based roles: Minimum annual salary of $158,000. This base pay is for illustrative purposes only. This position is eligible for additional compensation and benefits including: incentive compensation; health benefits; flexible spending account; retirement benefits; life insurance; commuter benefits; paid time off (including PTO, emergency time off, paid sick leave, medical leave, volunteer time off, civic duty leave, bereavement leave, floating holidays and paid holidays); parental leave and benefits; mobile phone and internet allowance; perks stipend; and other employee perks and benefits.
The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package and benefits, will be at the company’s sole discretion, and determined by a myriad of factors including, but not limited to, years of experience, depth of experience, and other relevant business considerations. The company also reserves the right to amend or modify employee perks and benefits at any time.
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.