Account Executive, Large Enterprise
We have an incredibly exciting opportunity for a Senior Account Executive to join our EMEA Sales team based remotely in Amsterdam.
This is a rare & exciting market opportunity for someone to help grow the power of Slack to Large Enterprises (10,000+ employees) in the Benelux market, as well as increasing usage across current customers, evangelizing what Slack can do further for their business's success. As a Sr Sales professional, you will naturally thrive off winning net new business as well as managing existing customers. You will understand their customers’ business objectives and act as their trusted advisor for using Slack most effectively. You will gather customer feedback and requests while working with internal teams to help align our product roadmap. As this role needs to communicate effectively across multiple departments and customers, you must have the ability to shift gears at a moment's notice, and enjoy the challenges of providing excellent customer service in a fast-paced, high growth environment.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Ownership of the full sales cycle from lead to close
- Establish lasting relationships with senior executives and decision-makers
- Foster new relationships for Slack through outbound efforts
- Successful demonstrated experience managing net new business growth as well as existing customer growth
- Help educate customers on the value of Slack throughout the adoption cycle
- Navigate key decision makers to build Slack awareness within organizations
- Identify customer needs and collaborate with Slack teammates to ensure customer success with special emphasis on signup, upgrade, and renewal
- Initiate, negotiate and close new and renewal contracts with customers
- Communicate and organize/escalate issues appropriately including: billing, legal, security, onboarding, and technical inquiries
- Collaborate and work with different members of the Accounts team (Technical Account Managers, Customer Success Managers, Leadership, etc.) to build strategic adoption plans for customers
- Prepare and educate customers on new features and releases
- Monitor and identify adoption and utilization trends
- Provide recommendations based on customers’ business needs and usage patterns
- Conduct periodic customer health-checks with an emphasis on customer happiness
- Serve as the voice of the customer and collect feedback to drive continuous improvement across all areas including product
What you should have
- Fluent English & Dutch speaker
- Ideally 5+ years of Enterprise and Large Enterprise Account Executive experience, ideally in the Benelux market.
- Relevant hunter sales experience in a SaaS organization
- Experience managing a pipeline and closing large $100k + contracts
- Excellent communication skills both with customers and within an organization
- Proven negotiation and closing skills
- Strong track record of navigating within large enterprise size organizations
- Ability to develop senior level relationships quickly and effectively across multiple customer verticals.
- Experience presenting to senior managers and the C-suite
- Ability to manage multiple opportunities simultaneously at various stages of the buying process
- Takes an active interest in increasing customer satisfaction and deepening customer relationships
- Ability to be flexible and adaptive
- Ability to effectively work autonomously (experience working in a remote contract environment would be advantageous)
- Experience with enterprise SaaS vendors preferred
- Bachelor's degree required
- Some travel required
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.