Manager, Security Operations Triage and Identity
Our Security team supports the unwritten fourth tenet of Slack’s mission: make people’s working lives more secure. We’re serious about protecting our infrastructure, operations, and most importantly, our customers’ data. We take a systematic approach to security, and strive to ensure we provide low friction high-impact security across everything we do.
As a Manager in our Security Operations team, you will lead and grow a global team responsible for raising the Security bar at Slack. You will serve as a hands on leader and coach, helping your team be the first line of defense for all the people and parts that together make up Slack. Your experience and excitement at the prospect of searching for the adversary, teasing out high-quality signal from noise, and developing new ways to solve hard problems will inspire your team.
This role requires strong leadership, time-management, and communication skills. You will communicate openly and regularly with your team members about their performance, aspirations, and well-being. You will implement solutions to inefficient processes and workflows, and contribute to meeting organizational goals. You will assist in interviewing, training and onboarding of new hires and serve as a point of contact for any issues affecting your team.
What you will be doing
- Lead and coach a team of engineers on the front lines of Security who have been tasked with delivering Security detection, response, identity management and support.
- Represent the team within Security, IT and engineering groups internally.
- Motivate and empower your entire team to reach their goals.
- Oversee implementation of Slack’s IAM program management, coordinating across pillars to ensure robust and compliant IAM system integrity.
- Inspire confidence by setting direction, displaying integrity, and moving toward team goals.
- Develop relationships across the entire organization at Slack
- Monitor, develop and drive key metrics that ensure the quality of our service.
- Build a diverse team while fostering a collaborative and inclusive environment.
What you should have
- You have experience in a Security Engineering Management role: building, leading, and running a high-performing, distributed team of engineers
- You have understanding and experience with key security concepts such as the SIEM logging and alerting; detection strategies; Identity and Access Governance, AWS, laptop and server hardening; security tool development; forensics and malware analysis
- You are a coach and talent magnet. You have experience leading inclusive teams and empowering people to do the best work of their careers
- You have experience collaborating with peers and forming agreement across cross-functional teams
- You execute at a high level and hold yourself and your team accountable for results
- You are a compelling and clear communicator, able to represent your team to internal and external audiences with differing levels of technical fluency
- Some previous experience with Python, Golang or another coding language is optimal
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.