Senior Growth Marketing Manager
Slack is hiring a Senior Growth Marketing manager to play a critical and strategic role in our self-service marketing funnel. This role will work closely with marketing, product, and operations teams to help craft, deploy, measure, and iterate on marketing initiatives that positively impact our ability to help more users to effectively work in Slack.
You will work directly with channel owners (owned and paid), as well as Slack’s product team to execute campaigns and growth experiments at a high level and pace. This is an opportunity for a creative, results driven individual to have a major impact on a strategic pillar of Slack’s business. An experimentation and customer-centric approach is essential. As you ramp up into this role, you will be given increasing ownership over experiments and campaigns
We are looking for a proven track record of driving key business metrics, measurable experimentation pipelines, and winning marketing campaigns. There will be a high degree of collaboration with other teams to plan and execute cross-channel projects, particularly around email marketing and coordination of experiments. An ideal candidate will have experience not only in digital marketing but also showing a track record of using strategy & tactics to drive business goals at high growth organizations. Direct experience with other marketing channels (ads, web, video, IPM, etc.) is a major plus.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Execute and own high level growth and lifecycle marketing campaigns, including measurement and tracking to key business metrics
- Define and implement measurable KPIs for marketing campaigns with Slack’s BizOps teams, iterating and optimizing on an ongoing basis
- Partner closely with product marketing, customer experience, and operations teams to ensure proper messaging, timing, and execution of one-off and ongoing campaigns.
- Understand different Slack audiences at scale, able to make common sense segmentations, and run iterative growth experiments
- Customize messaging to users based on key personas, behavioral data, and email engagement data
- Execute and analyze A/B test plans to improve engagement performance and conversion rates
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop new assets for each stage of the customer journey
- Work with our analytics team to measure each experiment, document and socialize findings, and develop next steps toward bigger wins
What you should have
- At least 5+ years of growth, product or campaign marketing experience in a B2B SaaS environment
- Proven experience planning and executing programs particularly adoption, cross-sell, and upsell and experience running campaigns across simultaneous marketing channels like e-mail, advertising, and in-app messaging
- Organization and efficiency — you can seek sophisticated marketing projects and own them from start to finish
- A deep understanding of Slack’s business model and core product offerings
- Advanced analytical skills including A/B testing, cohort analysis, and conversion rate optimization; as well as comfort with large data sets.
- Ability to build clear and concise presentations
- Effective communication with peers and senior leaders
- Strong project management skills
- Four year degree
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.