Customer Communications Manager
The way we work has changed forever. And the Global Communications team is on a mission to show that Slack was made for this moment! Slack will guide people and organizations through the transformation required to thrive in the new era of work.
We’re looking for a Customer & Marketing Communications Manager to join our team and help drive this mission. Partnering closely with cross-functional Marketing teams, you'll showcase customer success stories that build awareness and drive further adoption of Slack. You'll have freedom to think strategically and creatively to develop high-impact programs with customers at the heart.
In this hybrid role, you’ll be responsible for identifying and telling compelling customer stories externally demonstrating your skills as a marketer and communications professional. Working closely with Customer Marketing, you’ll cultivate customer relationships to encourage long-term engagements and champion the value of joint marketing initiatives through bespoke opportunities.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Partner with Customer Marketing and Sales/Customer Success teams to weave in external customer storytelling opportunities into enterprise customer marketing engagements
- Uncover and tell exciting and relatable SMB customer stories
- Participate or lead customer discovery calls and interviews to capture their story
- In partnership with our PR agency, secure media opportunities for our customers, develop prep materials and facilitate interviews
- Support development and execution of marketing communication campaigns working with the broader marketing team
- Source and provide customer references or speakers for product launches, incoming media opportunities, exec interviews and third-party conferences
- Act as a point of contact for joint marketing/PR requests from Slack customer partners
- Foster long-term customer engagement opportunities
- Manage PR agency teams
What you should have
- 6+ years of relevant communications, public relations, marketing experience (in technology, preferred)
- Adept in media relations and ability to craft compelling stories
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- A customer-first approach with a passion for storytelling
- Strategic and creative thinker grounded in supporting company goals
- Proven track record working successfully across departments and marketing functions
- Thrive in operating in a fast-paced, ambitious environment and comfortable with change
- A self-starter, able to initiate and run with projects
- A problem solver who recommends new approaches
- Driven, high energy, can-do mentality
- Bachelor's degree required
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.