Senior Technical Consultant
At Slack, we believe that our success is directly tied to the value our customers derive from our product. We demonstrate Slack’s platform flexibility by designing and delivering the right experiences for our customers, their teams and the individuals within it.
As a technical architect, you are responsible for engaging with our largest and most strategic customers to assess and design the technical rollout and launch plan for Slack. You are a key member of the Customer Success services team with a technical background and competencies in development, integration, solution architecture and security.
You will conduct detailed technical discovery workshops, assess cultural, structural and business functions with security requirements while translating these findings for a foundational Slack solution built for scale and flexibility. This design will include details on the workspaces, user management, authentication, bots, integrations, and settings & permissions required to ensure there are no technical barriers to user adoption of Slack. You will be responsible for advising on integration implementations, including key production systems from GitHub, Jira, Workday, Google Apps, etc. In addition, you'll be customising client applications. You love strategically working with clients and in this role you'll be advising customers on how best to implement Slack APIs and Developer tool kits.
What you will be doing
- You facilitate customer facing workshops with the technical team and develop a technical deployment plan
- You ensure flawless integration with other systems and apps, including identity management, eDiscovery, data loss prevention, other SaaS products and internal systems.
- You assist in secure setup of the customer’s Slack environment based on IT, governance and technical requirements.
- You remove technical roadblocks for organization-wide software distribution
- You present detailed technical information and benefits of the Slack platform to a wide array of customers, including line of business managers, developers, technical architects and executives.
What you should have
- You possess outstanding written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to go a mile deep with technical customer resources or to explain the most basic capabilities to a business user.
- You have excellent presentation skills for presenting both business oriented solutions and advanced technical concepts.
- You have experience leading and crafting technical projects, engaging with, and motivating change across multiple levels of IT executives and organisations.
- You have past experience working directly with Sales and Success teams, Consultants, and System Integrators.
- You have a bachelor's degree required in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Business.
- You have at least 2-3 years of previous development, consulting, professional services or sales engineering experience.
- Hands-on proficiency with data exchanges and API's.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.