Senior Manager, Product Security Foundations
Our Security team supports the unwritten fourth tenet of Slack’s mission: make people’s working lives more secure! We’re serious about protecting our infrastructure, operations, and most importantly, our customers’ data. We take a systemic approach to security, and strive to ensure we provide low-friction, high-impact security across everything we do.
The Slack Product Security Team is one of the first lines of defense for all the people and parts that together make up Slack. As a leader for this team, you care about shipping a secure product and ensuring that the way in is never through the front door. You are passionate about enabling our developers to ship secure code. You think about your job not as fixing bugs, but finding ways to prevent them. Your work directly impacts the way millions of people, teams, and businesses get things done!
- Management of a team of development-focused engineers who are responsible for building security functions and services across the Slack product.
- Design and development of security-related education/training for all Slack software engineers.
- Helping set and fulfill the hiring plan for the team, including sourcing, screening, and interviewing.
- Develop, coach and grow security engineers.
- Represent the team in planning and product decisions.
- Align the team with security-wide and company-wide goals.
- Implement effective security strategy, processes and metrics, both as a team and working in partnership with other teams.
- Represent Slack security and management in industry events.
- Participate in our incident response and vulnerability remediation efforts.
- Help implement application security tools and develop new automation and tooling.
- Improve the security of the Slack app ecosystem/deliver a secure platform to our partners.
- You have several years of serving in either a security management role or a senior security leadership role.
- You possess strong knowledge of the browser security model and have experience identifying and protecting against web application and web service security vulnerabilities including those found in the OWASP Top 10.
- You have some experience with crypto, authentication services, and authorization models.
- You possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- You are highly organized. With many people doing many things in a fast-moving company, strong organizational skills—both for yourself and for the team—will be required.
- You are able to weigh several, often conflicting constraints and make rapid decisions in a dynamic and quickly-growing company.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.