Staff Software Engineer, iOS
We’re looking for people who are passionate about creating great iOS applications.
You’ve been around for a few Xcode releases and you know how to delight iOS users. You’ve got an eye for the beautiful design our users expect and an attention to detail down to the very last pixel. You know your way around UIKit and architecture patterns and are eager to partner with Product and Design to craft efficient, performant, and delightful user experiences. You like building for the long term and value patterns and structures that allow for maximum flexibility in a constantly evolving product.
You excel in leading others and mentoring and growing other iOS engineers is something you are passionate about. You set a high bar for the technical design and code quality of your team. You demonstrate exceptional ownership of not only the area of your team, but across Slack’s entire iOS codebase. You have a “can do” attitude and nothing is beneath you or outside your responsibilities because you do what it takes to deliver the highest quality code and the most impactful features.
As an iOS Product Engineer, you will work with a cross-disciplinary team, using your extensive knowledge of building applications to make the Slack experience on iOS be the best it can possibly be. Slack on iOS is used by millions of people every week - we need engineers who want to make that experience as pleasant as possible.
What you should have
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
- 8+ years of practical experience in iOS product development
- Experience working closely with product teams, designers, and other developers to create a truly delightful mobile experience
- Experience developing highly performant code and view layouts and the ability to diagnose performance bottlenecks
- A disciplined approach to development, testing, documentation and code structure in a team environment
- An excellent approach to teaching, influencing, and growing other iOS engineers and teams
- Extensive understanding of the Cocoa framework
- A familiarity with the iOS tool ecosystem for development, testing, debugging, and performance benchmarking
- An excellent understanding of best practices for concurrency and threading
- A constant desire to improve, learn more and take things higher
- Experience using Slack and a keen interest in making it better
- A passion for building and maintaining great open source projects or otherwise contributing to the iOS community
- Experience developing with Swift
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.