Senior Visual Designer
We're hiring a designer to shape and drive storytelling and communication of our product features and innovations. Designers at Slack work across every stage of product development, from discovery and ideation, prototyping, definition and build, while communicating internally and externally the customer value of such work.
We are looking for a designer who has a balance of great visual design coupled with the ability for storytelling in different formats. As a visual designer at Slack, you will partner with our senior design leaders to conceptualize, conceive, adapt and execute designs in different forms, for internal presentations, product demos, market launches, and much more.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture — we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. If this sounds like a good fit for you, please send us a nice hello, plus links to your work and experience.
What you'll be doing:
- Developing compelling visions, stories, concepts, visual designs, and prototypes
- Help to formulate our internal visual design strategy, and ensure visual design excellence
- Creating presentation decks for executives
- Putting UI Mockups, UI Click-through demos, and GIFs or Simple Animated Screens together
- Partnering with design directors and senior design leaders
- Defining and strategizing ways on making the storytelling and demoing process better: from creation and optimization of templates, optimization of Figma libraries, and utilization of tools to deliver richer narratives
- Executing layouts, typography, iconography, color theory, and compositions to design with artistry, creativity, and mastery
What you should have:
- 5+ years professional experience as a visual designer
- An outstanding portfolio, showcasing a foundation in storytelling, illustration, typography, visual, UI design and motion
- Expertise in Figma, Powerpoint/Keynote, Illustrator and image editing software such as Photoshop
- Understanding of motion and animation software such as After Effects, Keynote’s animation capabilities or other
- Understanding of UI principles for desktop and mobile applications
- Experience working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid-growth environment
- Ability to execute high quality work in a fast paced environment – strong adaptability
- Experience with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.