Senior Manager, Procure to Pay
You will be responsible for providing day to day leadership for the Procure-to-Pay Process (P2P) team as well as ongoing strategy, organization, policies, and processes covering the scope outlined below:
Above all else, you are focused on leading a simple procure to pay experience that makes our internal Customers’ working lives simpler, more pleasant and more productive.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
- Lead a Centralized Global P2P Function based in Denver:
- Supervise and coordinate all aspects of Accounts Payables & Procurement Operations including the daily processing of all invoices and orders while ensuring a seamless linkage across the Procure-to-Pay process
- Assure accurate and timely processing of all Requisitions, Orders, and invoices
- Supervise the reconciliation of accounts to ensure accurate liabilities are recorded
- Streamline and lead the supplier onboarding process
- Work with the Procurement Projects team to develop, update, and enhance solutions that drive positive results while maintaining a high level of data quality (especially around GL coding and anything impacting accruals).
- Be a driver, collaborator, thought leader, influencer
- Able to solve complex problems with simple solutions
- Drive Operational Excellence and Compliance
- Design and build key controls around P2P transactions
- Coordinate process audits (eg. SOX) and propose remediations to findings
- Establish and maintain measurable performance metrics that drive value
- Partner with FP&A and Strategic Sourcing to drive payment terms consistent with company’s cash management goals
- Dedication to accuracy of payables coding and adequate review of all staff deliverables
- Support the completeness and timeliness of accruals for the financial close process
- Reduce payment issues, continuously improve departmental image, and focus attention on maximizing efficiency
- Serve as point of escalation for all vendor related issues
- Responsible for staff assessments and performance reviews
- Supports staff on all issues that are vendor related
- Supports the 1099 process as directed
- Continuously transform the P2P process through automation
- Partner with Suppliers and Stakeholders to drive transaction automation strategies
- Manage the resolution of payment issues with an ongoing focus of identification of opportunities for process improvement, implementation of best practices, and department goals
- Responsible for maintenance and enforcement of Slack’s procure to pay policies
- Assume ownership over the operation and certification of the controls around the Procure-to-Pay cycle
- Suggest product enhancements to the key systems supporting the P2P process
- Monitor and manage vendor performance against benchmarks, targets, quality and reliability
- Establish and maintain measurable performance metrics that drive value added activities
- Improve the accuracy and timeliness of expense accruals in support of the financial close process
- Partner with internal stakeholders to continuously refine and simplify standard procure to pay processes keeping in mind the user experience
- You should have a strong broad knowledge of AP and Procurement processes and practices.
- You have experience serving in leadership roles in procure to pay transformation
- You have hands on experience using ERP/P2P systems such as Coupa, Netsuite, or Workday
- You posses a professional designation such as Accredited Payables Manager (APM) or CPSM (Certified Professional in Supply Management)
- You demonstrate strong problems solving skills with a focus on understanding metrics/analytical data.
- You strive to be a hands on leader, with a focus on continuous process improvement
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in an accounting, business, supply chain, or related discipline. MBA preferred.
- You have 10-15 years’ experience in increasingly broader procurement, accounts payable, business or functional roles with a proven track record of achievement and growth in leadership
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.