Corporate Development Manager
The Corporate Development team at Slack works on identifying the right acquisitions and strategic partnerships, executing against these convictions, and leading subsequent integration. The ideal person for this role will be driven to deeply understand how to take advantage of Slack’s opportunity, conscientious about their work, comfortable debating ideas and down to earth. This role is an opportunity to have a disproportionately large impact at Slack.
What you will be doing
- You will understand our strategy and identify acquisitions to address our opportunities
- You will quickly build functional relationships with leaders of target organizations; negotiate with balance
- You will partner with internal leaders to assess, diligence, and integrate acquisitions
- You will run integration process in partnership with all relevant functional groups
What you should have
- 5+ years of relevant business development experience
- 8+ years overall work experience
- Experience in corporate development, strategy consulting w/ PMI experience or VC/PE/IB, though open to cross-functional roles at related companies
- An understanding of technology and software
- Familiarity with M&A processes and finance in-depth experience operating within and leading cross-functional teams
- Ability to motivate, collaborate, and work successfully in a team environment
- Strong attention to detail along with organization and follow-through skills
- Experience dealing with ambiguity and rapidly shifting priorities - you don’t ruffle
- Passionate about Slack and the problems we are solving
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.