Manager, Privacy & Data Governance
We are looking for an exceptionally hardworking individual with a real passion for privacy and data protection to join the Privacy and Data Governance team in San Francisco.
New questions and scenarios arise every single day, and we need an agile problem solver with privacy and compliance expertise to continue to execute on and improve our processes in order to scale with our business and the global regulatory landscape. You will provide privacy guidance to all teams within Slack to ensure that our policies address our customers’ needs and our own compliance obligations.
This position reports to the Sr. Manager of Privacy and will collaborate with our global Privacy and Data Governance team and many other stakeholders.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you’ll be doing
- Partner with Slack internal teams globally to identify privacy issues, propose solutions and translate practices into official procedures.
- Manage submission and compliance obligations related to the privacy related certifications and data transfer self assessment programs.
- Support Privacy team members in executing privacy operations to address sensitive policy, privacy and data protection questions.
- Partner closely with the Slack Security team as a point of contact and escalation for incident evaluation and response.
- Lead the privacy program risk assessment processes and documentation to ensure we are meeting privacy accountability framework requirements.
- Support Sales and Customer Experience by participating in customer meetings to explain and demonstrate Slack’s commitment to protecting Customer Data and compliance with different privacy laws.
- Develop and deliver privacy and data protection related communications and training internally at Slack.
- Lead and run the operations for the export compliance program.
What you should have
- Excellent communicator with great interpersonal and presentation skills, as well as the ability to write well and translate complex issues into simple language that people who are not experts can understand
- Professional experience in running compliance programs at a global technology company
- Ability to lead through influence in a cross-functional work environment spanning multiple locations in different time zones
- Excellent attention to detail and passion for quality work product
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Highly self-motivated with proven ability to build professional relationships and enhance productivity
- 8+ years of experience working in privacy, security, legal, audit or similar fields
- BA/BS degree required. JD, MPP or other advanced degree not required but useful
- CIPP or other privacy or risk and compliance related certifications a plus (i.e. CISA, CISM)
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.