Motion Graphics Designer
At Slack, we consider an outstanding customer experience essential to our success. The Customer Experience Products team’s mission is to help people everywhere discover the power of Slack. Our goal is to inspire minds and win hearts with innovative content and education experiences.
As the Animator for User Education, you’ll work with our Content Strategy team to show our customers “what good looks like” in Slack. You’ll help our customers learn to use Slack more effectively through visually compelling content, and work with partners across the business to find opportunities to show, rather than tell.
We’re looking for a highly collaborative individual who is passionate about using visual experiences to re-imagine product education. You’re skilled in animation and visual design, and are known for being creative and thinking outside the box. You’re excited about developing content-driven learning experiences at scale, and are passionate about using education to make our customers working lives simpler, more pleasant, and more productive.
Some of the things you’ll do:
- You will work with our Content Strategy team, designers, and producers to build visually compelling educational experiences (visual assets, videos, gifs, etc.)
- Concept and storyboard projects before moving into development phases.
- Work closely with our Content Strategy team to address feedback and execute revisions.
- Work with our internal tools team to build the infrastructure to support content maintenance over the long term, and ensure that all of our assets stay up to date as our product changes.
- Experiment with different kinds of content in different channels, and use data to inform future decisions.
- Build the long term vision for the creation and maintenance of a library of animated educational content that can plug into our various educational experiences.
What you should have:
- 3-4+ years working as a motion graphics designer.
- You have experience in designing animated graphics for a variety of mediums: social, GIFs, UI explainer videos and graphics packages.
- Ability to work effectively with other designers and within design brand guidelines.
- You have the ability to understand and distill feedback and recommend solutions.
- You have an interest in the end-to-end content development process: You consider the challenges our users face, and design elegant, simple, and on-brand visual experiences that help move them forward and solve their problems.
- You have a desire to work with others to develop an approach that takes into account the perspective and expertise of the group.
- You’re a guide in motion graphics suites, such as Adobe After Effects as well as advanced knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Premiere.
- You have a portfolio of work you can share with us.
- Bonus: you are experienced in animating building software tutorials, building educational content and/or a background in adult learning and instructional design.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.