Technical Project Manager, Core BizTech Platform
We are looking for a Project Manager focused on technical projects within Business Technology. The Core BizTech team consists of Operations, Engineering and Platform, where you will primarily be responsible for driving execution across our high-paced growing team. On the Platform team you’ll be surrounded by program and project managers ready to collaborate and improve.
We break through communication issues and effectively collaborate with partners at all levels of the organization, and all facets of the business. We can communicate in both a technical and business setting. We understand technical implementation and ask questions that clarify priorities and dependencies.
Do you use your critical thinking skills to drive successful plans while working on multiple, highly-detailed projects? Do you relish the opportunity to pursue big, ambiguous problems? Do you develop methods to help the team get their work done effectively and drive the business to think critically about how to plan and prioritize the work? If this sounds interesting, come work at Slack! We would be thrilled to have you.
- Work with technical owners and leadership to define project plans and initiatives; then bring them to life by driving projects forward with those partners.
- Develop project plans, resource plans, with accuracy and in collaboration with technical resources
- Provide hands-on project management during discovery, design, development, testing, implementation, and post-implementation phases
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks, deliver projects on time against the agreed-upon critical metrics
- Drive internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- More than 5 years experience in an organization running resources, tasks, and workflows in a technical project management, systems engineering and/or project/program management role
- Experience with a variety of project management processes (Agile/Scrum, Waterfall, Kanban)
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role – leading stand-ups, sprint planning, retrospectives, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills, relationship building and experience working in a collaborative environment with diverse cross-functional teams
- Organizational and coordination skills along with multitasking capabilities to get things done in a fast-paced environment
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience
- Experience in a fast-growing environment.
- Detailed oriented, and self-motivated, with strong analytical skills
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.