Sr. Software Engineer, Frontend, Website
About this role:
In a typical week as a frontend engineer at Slack you’ll:
- Brainstorm and implement features on cross-functional teams with stakeholders from across the organization including marketers, product managers and designers.
- Launch online experiments and work to improve the Slack.com experience.
- Assist our skilled Customer Experience Team in triaging bugs and usability issues to fix issues in production.
- Guide technical decisions using your experience and domain expertise.
- Utilize, contribute to, and evolve a modular design system.
- Review code and get your code reviewed; mentor and be mentored by other engineers. Teamwork is what makes the dream work.
What we’re looking for:
If you don’t meet 100% of these requirements, don't worry. Your desire to learn and your ability to work in a diverse, collaborative environment is just as important to us.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- Strong UX and design sensibilities and an interest in sweating the small stuff.
- Awareness of modern web technologies (CSS Grid, ES6, Local Storage and CSS Custom Properties) and solutions for potential cross-browser issues from their use.
- Expertise in building sites that are responsive, accessible and performant.
- Familiarity with internationalization or localization.
- Understanding of the Git workflow, including pull requests, code reviews, and CI/CD systems.
- Experience with CSS preprocessors like LESS or SASS and JS bundlers like Webpack.
- Self-awareness, a positive attitude, a sense of humor, and empathy
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.