Our Security team supports the unwritten fourth tenet of Slack’s mission: make people’s working lives more secure. We’re serious about protecting our infrastructure, operations, and most importantly, our customers’ data. We take a systemic approach to security, and strive to ensure we provide low friction high-impact security across everything we do.
As a member of the Slack Security Triage and Incident Management team, you are the first line of defense for all the people and parts that together make up Slack. You get out of bed each morning excited to be the front line in security, keeping our customers, employees, and tools safe. You're excited to analyze new data, growing your skills in security to find adversaries and solve hard problems.Your work directly impacts the way millions of people, teams and businesses get things done.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What You Will Be Doing
- Triage and track potential threats and alerts from multiple sources, and spot trends
- Create filters, reports, dashboards, and alerts to surface potentially unwanted activity
- Create and update existing playbooks and runbooks, working with multi-functional team members to maintain high-quality work products
- Conduct and document the incident life cycle, managing and coordinating security incidents, escalating, and providing other support
- Create or propose automated tooling or streamlined processes to quickly tackle incidents and issues as they arise
- Participate in enterprise-wide operations to hunt for adaptable and previously unknown threats
- Develop creative new approaches to accelerate threat detection, responses, and remediation of security incidents in a global organization
- Participate in each pillar of security through mentorship, training, and project opportunities
What You Should Have
- 2+ years of experience in a security role
- Knowledge and working experience with a Linux operating system and scripting language.
- An investigative mindset and an interest in furthering your career in security engineering or analysis
- Flexibility in adapting previous experience to fit the needs and culture of our unique team
- Experience analyzing events or incidents to triage the issue or find the root cause
- Ability to translate inbound triage requests into actionable, team-specific work items and repeatable runbooks
- User or customer support experience, working with users to understand the issues presented
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
- Broad exposure to security disciplines and understanding of models and principles behind core security concepts
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.