Admin Support Agent
At Slack, our mission is to make people’s working lives simpler, more pleasant and more productive. Our Customer Experience team lives this every day, by providing delightful experiences to our customers. We have a healthy roster of companies that rely on Slack for their day-to-day communication, and they have highly customized support needs. Admin Services team members support entire organizations, using human connection and technical expertise to empower them to get the most out of Slack.
As a member of our Admin Support Team at Slack, you will be tasked with providing guidance and assistance to Administrators, the individuals responsible for the success of Slack within their business . This is a demanding role that requires a unique, technical skill set. As the owner of customer satisfaction for the individuals and teams you work with, you will act as a product advocate and nimble technician. Your job is to ensure that any barriers to team growth are removed, no matter the complexity of the customer’s Slack implementation.
We consider Customer Experience essential to Slack’s success. Taking this job is an opportunity to do the best work of your life and support others in doing the same. Interested in joining us?
What you’ll be doing:
- Deliver fast and accurate answers to all highly technical administrative requests (such as settings, permissions) over email, chat, and phone as needed.
- Contribute to the ongoing learning and success of your team and the company by sharing knowledge through mentorship, collaboration, and documentation.
- Spot trends in admin related issues and escalate them as needed.
- Proactively support the Customer Success team and triage all incoming requests.
- Identify, reproduce, and document admin-related bugs or pain points for the engineering and Product teams.
- Master all specialized features of Slack, including administrative functionality, and troubleshoot them through testing and collaboration with others.
What you should have:
- You are a strong, confident communicator that excels at collaborative cross-functional work and knows how to be empathic and articulate.
- You care deeply, genuinely and passionately about customer support and customer success.
- You relish the challenge of solving complex, technical issues such as SSO, product migrations, and complex configurations.
- You are self aware and adaptable in rapidly changing situations.
- You are analytical - you easily synthesize education, product, and support opportunities for a customer and spot trends.
- You have prior experience working with customers by email, phone and/or chat and know how to do it well.
- You put your team above yourself, elevating the group’s performance through proactive collaboration and knowledge-sharing.
- You work exceptionally well with others, and enjoy training and mentoring your teammates, following Slack’s learning philosophies to teach them what you know.
- You have a track record of success as a support agent working directly with company administrators in a B2B SaaS environment.
- You know when something is over your head and when to ask for help, but are also able to dig in to uncover solutions on your own.
- You maintain composure and calm in stressful situations, both written and verbal, with colleagues and customers.
- Written and spoken fluency in Japanese, ability to communicate in English
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.