Sr. Manager, Technical Architects, Customer Success
At Slack, we believe our success is directly tied to the value our customers derive from our product. We demonstrate Slack’s platform flexibility by designing and delivering the right experiences for our customers, their teams and the individuals within it.
We are looking for a dedicated Technical Architecture Leader to join a global leadership team and manage our growing Technical Architecture team in the central region.
As a Technical Architecture Leader, you are responsible for the customer-facing technical team that engages with our largest and most strategic accounts to assess and design the technical rollout and launch plan for Slack. You are a key cross-functional leader with the Customer Success Services team who brings the executive presence, interpersonal skills, and technical acumen to explain advanced technical content to non-technical audiences, design and deliver best in class Slack deployments that drive adoption and success, and leadership that inspires a diverse team of talented TAs.
What you will be doing
- Directly support a team of Technical Architects that have fun winning together
- Support ongoing growth and development of the Technical Architecture team including recruiting, hiring, training and mentoring
- Contribute to the overall vision and strategy of the Customer Success Services organization and broader Sales organization
- Comfortable and willing to be a hands-on contributor, work on-site with customers, and ‘lead by example’ in developing technical deployment plans and flawless integrations with other systems and apps
- Evangelizing and consulting with TA team members (and clients) using your expert knowledge of identity management, eDiscovery, data loss prevention, other SaaS products and internal systems
- Partner with Sales and Customer Success leadership and other cross-functional teams to drive success and adoption for all Slack customers
- Identify product and technology gaps with customers and present a point of view to Slack’s product and leadership teams
- Work with your team to discuss, plan and implement process improvements
What you should have
- 8+ years of technical architecture experience preferably within a SaaS organization
- 3+ years of management experience preferably within a SaaS organization with customer-facing technical teams
- Experience driving the operational aspects of building and delivery in a services organization.
- You possess outstanding written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to go a mile deep with technical customer resources or to explain the most basic capabilities to a business user
- You have excellent presentation skills for presenting both business oriented solutions and advanced technical concepts
- You have experience leading and crafting technical projects, engaging with, and motivating change across multiple levels of IT executives and organizations
- You have past experience working directly with Sales and Success teams, Consultants, and System Integrators
- You have a bachelor's degree required in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Business
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.