Staff Product Designer, Enterprise Admin
Slack is looking for an experienced designer to join our Enterprise team, where we support our biggest customers in managing and growing their Slack organizations. Enterprise features allow both admins and end users to succeed in large, complex environments. You’ll work on everything from helping admins manage thousands of workspaces to ensuring the security of Slack for the healthcare, legal, and financial industries. Designers serve a vital role at Slack: from creating the experience of new features to the craft and finish of every detail in the product. We appreciate designers who think deeply, speak clearly, and love collaboration and feedback.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Work with the product and engineering teams to drive design vision and strategy for admin users
- Collaborate with senior engineers to rapidly prototype and test new features and product concepts
- Partner cross-functionally with product and engineering leadership to represent the design team, lead design initiatives, and provide feedback in planning and product channels
- Work with designers across product teams and lead broad, organizational-wide initiatives, such as improving Slack’s design system and mobile design practices
- Help guide, improve, and implement design and feedback processes
- Solicit feedback from designers and product partners within and beyond your product team
- Be an active mentor for other designers, and help lead critique, design reviews, quarterly planning, and sprint planning
- Recruit and interview designers, and actively improve our inclusive design hiring process
What you should have
- 7+ years of extensive experience in a leading individual contributor role, on a product design team for desktop or mobile
- An outstanding portfolio, showcasing a foundation in typography, interaction and visual design, and idea generation
- Experience working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment
- Extensive experience closely partnering with product managers to develop the strategy and rationale for features
- Extensive experience with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.