Director, Marketing Operations
Slack is seeking a Director of Marketing Operations to lead the development of scalable processes and programs to empower the marketing team to drive results. This is a highly cross functional role requiring both strategic and tactical execution, strong program management, and the ability to build and lead a team. You have developed processes for high growth marketing organizations with exceptional problem-solving skills and an ability to work closely with marketing, sales, and technical stakeholders. You are a growth driver, someone who not only supports the needs of the team, but a person who thrives on identifying and chasing opportunities to accelerate the business.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Identify, design, and execute new processes that enable marketers to be more effective in their day to day work, including executional excellence in data reliability, list uploads, campaign analysis, etc.
- Partner with IT to select and set up key marketing systems (marketing automation, CRM) used to generate, distribute, and report on pipeline growth
- Enable marketers to operate campaigns from inception → execution → measurement, with appropriate guardrails and systems for approvals
- Monitor and report on the effective flow of data through our systems, programs, and processes
- Establish and maintain scalable processes that ensure best practices in campaign and lead management
- Create and maintain global dashboards to report on marketing and sales activities, effectiveness, and business impact
- Analyze marketing and sales data to develop insights and make recommendations on areas for optimization
- Monitor and maintain data quality within the marketing database in partnership with operations and analytics teams
- Evaluate new technologies and add-on applications to improve and optimize marketing team performance
- Ensure no lead left behind: Together with Sales ops, manage and optimise lead management including lead scoring, routing and efficient handovers to Sales
What you should have
- 10+ years experience in marketing / operations / analytics / bizops or other quantitative roles
- Experience managing Marketing Ops process including lead management, database management, segmentation, and field mapping
- Works well with Sales Ops and Marketers to define and implement projects and campaigns
- Strong analytical skills. Loves working with data. Strong SQL skills desired
- Proficiency in marketing automation systems (like Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Pardot) and integrating those systems with other technologies
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time in a fast-paced environment
- Technically capable, excellent communicator, and a desire to improve processes
- Experience building a new function, including hiring and managing a team
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.