Engineering Manager, Android Application Infrastructure
Slack is looking for an engineering manager to lead our Android Application Infrastructure team. This team is responsible for the architecture and core components of our Android app thus providing the foundation that enables Android feature engineers across the company to build new features quickly, safely, and with confidence. In addition to leading the growth and output of the Android App Infra team, the manager of this team will work closely with a peer manager on the iOS Application Infrastructure team to drive mobile client architecture best practices across platforms.
What you will be doing
- Help set and fulfill the engineering hiring plan for the team, including sourcing, screening, and interviewing.
- Mentor and grow engineers while keeping them engaged and focused on the product and company vision.
- Help set team goals and technical direction while ensuring that they align with the goals of the larger organization.
- Represent the team in planning and product meetings, effectively communicating the available platform features and constraints of the Android client.
- Meet with the rest of the engineering management team to align engineering-wide priorities.
- Help implement effective engineering processes and policies that emphasize quality and forward progress.
- Represent Slack engineering and management in industry events.
What you should have
- You have 2+ years of experience serving in an engineering management role.
- You have experience shipping Android applications and you are up to date on the current state of the development ecosystem.
- You possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- You are highly organized. With many people doing many things in a fast-moving company, strong organizational skills—both for yourself and for the team—will be required.
- You are able to weigh several and often conflicting constraints and make rapid decisions in a fast-moving and quickly-growing company.
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.