Executive Assistant, Marketing and Communications
Slack is looking for a rockstar Executive Assistant to work alongside members of our Executive Team. In this role, you will be supporting the VP of Product Marketing and VP of Communications.
Do you have a natural inclination toward logistics and planning? Are you the type of person who jumps in with both feet when it comes to taking on new tasks and projects? Do you thrive at handling multiple demands in a rapidly changing environment?
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Provide strategic administrative and project management support for a Slack Executive
- Extensive calendar management and travel planning for internal and external meetings
- Prepare international travel arrangements and itineraries, and meticulously file expenses
- Plan and execute team events, meetings, off-sites, and other special functions
- Draft and manage correspondence and communications on behalf of the executive, as appropriate
- Partner with internal stakeholders on projects, initiatives and events.
- Ability to work flexibly in terms of responsibilities and responsiveness
- Act as a liaison both internally and externally, maintaining a sense of professionalism and collaboration at all times
- Help manage external PR firm projects and budgets
What you should have
- 4+ years of recent, full-time administrative/executive support, reporting to one or more executives
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Must be extremely adaptable to the ever-changing needs of a fast growing technology company
- Must be highly organized, efficient, and demonstrate innate attention to detail
- Experience working with executives in a fast-paced environment preferably in technology, media, internet or related companies
- Highly proficient in Google Apps, particularly Google Calendar, and Google Docs
- Commitment to meeting expense reporting deadlines and travel policies
- Flexible - in terms of responsibilities and responsiveness with a positive “can-do” spirit
- Proven ability to drive projects forward while simultaneously multitasking in an environment with shifting priorities
- Quick learner - have a “knack” for tech – able to figure out new systems and adapt on the go
- Independent - able to work under little direction and exercise sound judgment when making time sensitive decisions
- Reliable teammate - able to thrive in a team setting, willingness to help others, while also being able to work well independently
- Self-starter - knows when to trust instincts and when to ask for help
- Problem solver - proactively and efficiently identifies creative solutions
- Trustworthy - must have impeccable discretion with access to sensitive company, customer, and personal information
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills – poised, professional, and articulate, as you will be representing the personal “brand” of your executives to many external partners across a wide variety of industries
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.