Manager, Executive Communications & Content Development
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
The Manager, Executive Communications & Content Development is critical to our success and will play an important role in the growth of our communications team. This position is a unique hybrid: part executive communications, part content development, this person will both lead the executive communications program and platform development for key members of our Executive Leadership team and develop all written materials (speeches, bylines, blog posts, press releases, etc.) in support of their respective executive platforms. This is a great opportunity to play an important role in further establishing the voice of our executive team to help articulate the Slack story.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Executive Communications :
- Spearhead the strategy, development and execution of global executive communications programs for key members of Slack’s Executive Leadership team
- Collaborate with our global communications team and our agency partners to build new and/or expand existing executive thought-leadership campaigns. This includes identifying and researching high profile speaking opportunities and contributed content opportunities
- Identify opportunities for alignment between executive communications programs and ongoing integrated marketing and communications campaigns
- Own the Slack Speaker certification program and further evangelize across the executive leadership team
- Partner with key stakeholders across the business to build executive visibility programs and initiatives
- Work with our in-house and agency teams to measure the business impact of these executive communications programs
- Writing/Content Creation:
- Content may include speeches, bylines, blog posts, announcements, FAQs, etc.
- Work directly with senior executives developing written content that helps articulate their unique point of view on key industry issues and trends
- Ensure the Slack corporate narrative -- our vision/mission, product, platform, and our long-term market opportunity -- is infused in every communication and that our executive platforms “ladder back up” to our global corporate narrative
- Partner with cross-functional teams (Legal, Policy, Customer Success, Customer Experience, etc.) to help draft critical customer and partner communications as needed
What you should have
- A passion for executive communications and executive platform development (8+ years experience)
- Exceptional writing skills; creative, thoughtful and passionate about storytelling
- Agency + In-house tech communications experience preferred; campaign / policy experience a plus
- Critical thinker; strong executive presence; ability to hold a “seat at the table” alongside other areas of the business
- Grace under pressure and comfort with change and ambiguity
- A self-starter, able to run with projects with (at times) minimal direction
- Passionate about Slack and about learning about how work is evolving
- Curious; eager to learn and open to trying new things
- Flexible, adaptable and open: able to juggle multiple projects at once and unphased by change whenever it happens (because in this environment things can and do often shift very quickly!)
- Hunger for an exciting opportunity; ready to roll up your sleeves and dig in!
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.