Product Manager, Monetization
We are looking for a product manager to help us grow our customer base and make every team on Slack more productive through our premium products. This is a unique opportunity to shape the growth of Slack and an entire industry by ensuring Slack is “where work gets done", especially as the world shifts to remote.
This product manager will join the Monetization team, with the initial responsibility to improve the experience of purchasing Slack’s premium products. You’re constantly identifying user problems and thinking critically about which to prioritize. You know how to measure and interpret the results of your team’s efforts. You love working on teams, side-by-side with the best engineers and designers. You easily manage several projects at once and you don’t miss deadlines.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- You will develop the product vision, strategy, and roadmap for improving the purchase experience for Slack’s paid features in concert with cross-functional peers.
- You’ll become an authority on your product area. You’ll identify customer needs and business opportunities through a combination of research, feedback collection from cross-functional teammates and competitive data analysis.
- You’ll define, understand, and improve key funnels and metrics.
- You’ll own features and experiments end-to-end, including writing product specs, driving cross-functional execution, making thoughtful product decisions along the way, and sharing insights and results throughout the company.
- You’ll drive execution against our plan in collaboration with Engineering and Design peers: making trade-offs, anticipating staffing needs and risks, and ensuring frequent and clear communication.
What you should have
- Passion about Slack and the problem we’re solving.
- At least 3+ years of experience leading major product or growth initiatives across user-facing products. You can take rough themes and turn them into a roadmap of features, experiments, and research with minimal guidance.
- Impact focus and a consistent history of delivering measurable results for both users and the business.
- Data-minded whenever possible. You deeply understand how your products work and how to measure long-term impact. You can design, run, and interpret experiments and A/B tests, and probably know a bit of SQL.
- Comfort working on technical problems (e.g. billing).
- Ability to think big and small to build a portfolio of experiments and larger features. You are as comfortable whiteboarding a completely new experience as you are optimizing an existing flow and know when to do which.
- Impeccable follow-through. You say what you’ll do, and do what you say. You hold your team to this standard. You don’t let details slip.
- Product taste and craft. You will own important product interactions with every Slack customer, and should show the attention to detail this responsibility deserves.
- You listen well. You build consensus by default, but can drive hard decisions when needed. You push the pace. You take blame and pass on praise. People love working with you.
- Written communication that is clear and effective.
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.