CS Strategic Programs Manager, Process and Efficiency
Our Strategic Programs team is at the heart of our rapidly growing Customer Success organization, connecting the teams and initiatives within CS. We create and execute best-in-class programs to amplify our Customer Success efforts and maximize customer value. We are looking for a Strategic Programs Manager to join the team!
As a CS Strategic Programs Manager you’ll help support our global CS team by building and executing strategic programs and driving our CS initiatives forward. You will be primarily focused on owning and managing the processes that our CS team requires to be productive. You will be a team expert and power user of CS tools, proactively identifying ways of leveraging technology to improve efficiency and scale. Closely working with all CS programs such as our CS resource hub, customer content strategy, voice of the customer, customer health initiatives, and champion network - and integrating the necessary playbooks and reporting that drives scale and consistency across our CS business. You will be a close partner to both CS leadership and our cross-functional teams, driving the end to end process from stakeholder alignment, prioritization, scoping, execution, to change management. Your programs will drive transparency, consistency, global scaling across all CS teams, resulting in customer maturity, growth, value and health.
What you will be doing
- Be the expert of customer success tools (including but are not limited to Gainsight, Salesforce, FinancialForce). You will be a key participant in successful implementation and ongoing iteration of several tools that help drive a consistent and strategic customer experience across our CS business.
- Work with CS leadership and programs team members to understand and translate our evolving customer playbooks into flexible and automated systems and programs.
- Create the triggers and reports necessary to help our CS team work strategically with their accounts, proactively identify risk, and expansion opportunities with our CS business.
- Understand and help guide the build of backend systems that power seamless reporting and automation across our tools.
- Report out tool adoption and effectiveness in helping to promote productivity, tool ROI, and consistency for the customer-facing team.
- Design scalable ways to intake field and leadership feedback to discover and implement new system improvements as our business grows and evolves.
- Manage the budget for CS tools and resources that enable our team’s success in driving value for our customers.
- Coordinate and collaborate with multiple cross-functional teams and stakeholders to drive programs forward and to ensure initiatives are prioritized within the cross-functional organizations -- including sales, enablement, marketing, BizTech and BizOps.
What you should have
- 4-6 years of experience within a CS, customer-facing, or operations team
- Very strong program management skills who can identify and solve problems quickly with minimal management guidance
- Outstanding data analysis and reporting skills
- Very strong enterprise Saas system configuration knowledge and experience
- Ability to manage several competing priorities and stakeholders
- Strong technical aptitude and knowledge of the Slack product and platform
- Customer-obsessed and puts our customers at the forefront of everything you build
- Highly organized and self-motivated to create and execute on new programs
- Team player who can take on programs in various stages of completion and run
- Comfort in ambiguity of changing priorities and flexibility to new ideas within a fast paced environment
- Strong attention to detail and craftsmanship, with a knack for prioritization and scoping
- Curiosity about how things work, with the ability to anticipate problems or spot areas for improvements.
- Experience building trusted advisor relationships with senior management
- Possesses exceptional written and interpersonal communication skills, and able explain your work clearly and concisely to stakeholders
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.