Marketing Manager, Demand Generation Campaigns
This is a newly formed role for Slack, and this manager will create and manage pipeline-generating marketing campaigns targeting Slack’s existing users but also net new Enterprise prospects for Slack. You will drive lead generation programs that engage with users through the buying cycle and across multiple channels. The ideal candidate will bring a combination of strategic planning skills, the ability to deliver on those strategies through execution of focussed campaigns in partnership with their team and cross-functional stakeholders.
You are a master project manager and are known for your immaculate attention to detail. You’re seen as a go-to person within your function to get things done. You understand the importance of communication and the value of tight relationships, cross-functionally as well as within your direct team. You have a proven history of analysing data to create user segments, and launching campaigns that reach, engage, and inspire those users toward action.
You will have significant experience executing and analysing the performance of marketing campaigns that drive conversions for both self-serve and sales funnels, and be excited by the opportunity to build marketing programs from scratch.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Create the strategies and campaign messaging, content, assets and channel strategy deliver required business growth results across paid, owned and earned channels
- Lead integrated marketing campaigns, including setting strategy, developing forecasts, evaluating appropriate budget levels, and measuring results
- Work closely with the broader marketing, product, and sales teams to ensure that campaign messaging resonates with our desired audiences. Work cross-functionally with the content, design, web and localisation teams to execute campaigns
- Streamline and simplify processes to drive frictionless, uncompromisingly simple campaign execution
- A/B Testing campaigns to trial new ideas for effectiveness
- Create and manage alignment with Sales teams and create feedback loops between teams
- Ensure reporting and tracking mechanisms for all campaigns are built upfront and that stakeholders have access to the reports and insights required.
What you should have
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 8 years of related growth, demand generation, or customer marketing experience; building full-funnel global campaigns in the technology industry preferred
- Enterprise marketing experience at a software company required
- Proven experience planning, designing and executing campaigns with global reach
- You should have a strong grasp of current digital and demand marketing tools and strategies and be able to lead integrated digital marketing campaigns from concept to execution
- Working knowledge of Pardot or Salesforce Marketing Cloud to design, build and execute integrated programs including landing pages, emails, forms and reporting
- Strong project management skills including production schedules, budgets, stakeholder coordination, and agency/vendor oversight
- Excellent written, oral, and social interpersonal skills across multiple audiences and methods
- Experience with BI (Business Intelligence tools such as Looker, Tableau) a plus
- A solid understanding of integrated, multi-touch, multi-channel marketing design based on a foundation of data and analysis; the direct experience with building campaigns, optimising reach, awareness, and nurture, and adjusting for optimisation
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.