Manager, Customer Success - High Touch
The Manager, Customer Success - High Touch is a vital part of the management team for Slack’s broader sales organization. This role leads the strategy and execution for our team to ensure the successful adoption, maturity, and growth of our Customers, across Slack’s customer base. This role focuses primarily on driving success within our Large Enterprise and Enterprise Customer segments. The focus is to be a coach and strategic planner for a team of customer success managers (CSM’s). Another key part of this role is meeting and engaging with our customers and establishing relationships with key executives within our customer base.
You will understand the managers’ role, processes, and paths to success and help define this within the broader sales organization. You will also work with our strategic customers to understand their business objectives and act as their trusted consultant and advisor in their use of Slack, ensuring they realize business value. At a team level, they will gather customer feedback and requests while working with internal partners to help align customer adoption with our product roadmap. You will ensure that your team successfully drives forward Slack’s goals. Additionally, you’ll work effectively and collaboratively with other managers and leaders across the organization to drive success for both customers and Slack.
What you will be doing:
- Lead the team and ensure that each customer success manager can succeed
- Hire, train, mentor, and develop team, helping provide clear career pathways for each member
- Build a team that wins, has fun, and lives the Slack values
- Develop strategy for the success and continue growing the AMER central team
- Prioritize where we invest our resources and efforts with customers
- Drive the team towards key performance metrics
- Supervise and identify adoption, maturity, and growth trends for the team and customers to advise customer and business strategy
- Manage the team to conduct periodic customer health-checks and review customer health scores with an emphasis on customers’ success with Slack
- Collaborate with Accounts and other internal teams to ensure customer success with special emphasis on adoption, expansion, and renewals
- Partner with the Sales organization to engage in pre-sales activities for high value opportunities
- Contribute to the overall vision and strategy of the AMER CSM organization
- Provide operational oversight of the business to deliver on targets and goals
What you should have:
- 6+ years of customer success experience, preferably within a SaaS organization
- 2+ years of experience leading a team, preferably within SaaS
- Excellent communication skills both with customers and within an organization
- Strong track record of identifying customer needs and successfully implementing long-term software solutions
- Strong track record of defining and executing against key performance indicators
- Ability to build trust and rapport with a customer success team
- Ability to challenge team members and be challenged to achieve team goals
- Proactive interest to increase customer happiness and deepen customer relationships
- Comfortable and willing to be a hands-on contributor, on-site with customers
- Experience with enterprise SaaS vendors preferred
- Bachelor's degree required
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack!
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.