Sr. Manager, Product Design, Expansion
We are hiring a Senior Product Design Manager to lead the team charged with adoption and monetization efforts within the larger Expansion group.
Product Design Managers serve a vital role at Slack: they elevate the health, growth, and development of their team, as well as care for the overall business. They have a passion for design excellence expressed through thoughtful creative direction, direct contribution, and leading by example.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture. We appreciate design leaders who are curious, humble, think deeply, speak clearly, and thrive on collaboration and feedback. If this sounds like a good fit for you, send us a nice hello with links to your work and experience.
What you will be doing:
- Leading a team of Product Designers focused on adding new internal and external users to Slack from within the product and driving commitment to Slack via trial programs, conversion to paid customers, and purchase experience
- Working with product and engineering and other cross-functional partners to drive design vision and strategy. Help turn business objectives into customer centered problems and steer team strategy.
- Creating flexible and scalable frameworks and guidelines for rapid experimentation
- Designing, guiding and driving collaboration processes
- Setting a high bar for quality and help teams ship with that quality, without compromising velocity
- Meeting regularly with designers to provide and gather feedback on project progress
- Coaching, mentoring and providing career development, work satisfaction and happiness to your team.
- Ensuring that projects are properly staffed based on scope, skills and timing.
- Define and drive design hiring goals. Recruit and interview new Product Designers, review incoming candidates, and actively improve our design hiring process.
What you should have:
- 2+ years of experience in a role managing a team of designers; 5+ years of product design experience (experience with growth a plus)
- Extensive and relevant experience working across mobile and desktop platforms
- A demonstrable foundation in typography, interaction design, visual design, and design ideation
- Experience leading and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment.
- Experience leading design studios, design sprints, team brainstorming and ideation exercises
- A nuanced understanding of diverse and inclusive hiring practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
For Colorado-based roles: Minimum annual salary of 158,000. This base pay is for illustrative purposes only. This position is eligible for additional compensation and benefits including: incentive compensation; health benefits; flexible spending account; retirement benefits; life insurance; commuter benefits; paid time off (including PTO, emergency time off, paid sick leave, medical leave, volunteer time off, civic duty leave, bereavement leave, floating holidays and paid holidays); parental leave and benefits; mobile phone and internet allowance; perks stipend; and other employee perks and benefits.
The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package and benefits, will be at the company’s sole discretion, and determined by a myriad of factors including, but not limited to, years of experience, depth of experience, and other relevant business considerations. The company also reserves the right to amend or modify employee perks and benefits at any time.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.