Customer Success Manager, High-Touch
Our Customer Success team advises and guides a wide variety of customers, ensuring they launch Slack successfully, adopt it widely and are continually driving business value from Slack.
Our CSMs work closely with customers to discover their business needs and challenges and then mentors them on the best ways to use Slack to solve them.
Working closely with Slack’s Account Executives, our CSMs provide strategic territory coverage, coordinating with the AEs to identify areas where existing customers could improve their use of Slack or uncover new uses for Slack. From time to time our CSMs will work with Account Executives on pre-sales activities like pilot engagements to set up a customer for long term success.
Part coach, project manager, consultant and product specialist, our Slack Customer Success Managers are continually focused on helping our customers improve their team communication and be successful with Slack.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you’ll be doing:
- Empathize with every aspect of the customer experience, putting customers’ needs first.
- Guide and coach customers with a proactive customer success processes.
- Work with customers to discover and understand their needs to help them develop a tailored Slack onboarding process.
- Coach customers to be product specialists and train their teams on Slack standard methodologies so they become increasingly self sufficient.
- Maintain high levels of customer engagement and satisfaction with a focus on customer loyalty.
- Identify common customer challenges to suggest better solutions.
- Partner with Slack’s Account Executives to help them drive growth.
- Partner closely with other cross-functional team members to translate business needs and product requirements into new solutions for customers.
- Adapt existing customer onboarding assets and work with product marketing to refine them over time.
- Help drive customer references and case studies.
What you should have:
- 5+ years relevant work experience in a customer-facing customer success, account management or strategic consulting organization. SaaS experience a benefit.
- Self-motivated, proactive teammate with innovative ideas to inspire customer loyalty and adoption.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience building strong relationships.
- Proven track record of highly-professional customer service in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Diplomacy, tact, and poise under pressure when working through customer issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.