Executive Recruiting Researcher
Executive Search is the newest recruiting team focused on hiring the next generation of Senior Leaders at Slack. The Executive Search team is responsible for hiring leadership globally across every business function at Slack. These roles require a high touch, high level of service to not only our internal executive team but also for every candidate that the team engages and comes into contact with.
Executive Recruiting Researchers will be responsible for driving strategic research needs for both the immediate and future search needs across the business. Outside of those functional needs, our collective “DNA” as an Executive Recruiting team indexes high on Relationship Building and Strategic Thinking, meaning we value team members that genuinely care for the well being and success of others, and are constantly thinking about how to conduct world-class executive search.
This role requires in-depth industry expertise in building and managing multiple leadership searches, with experience driving passive strategy campaigns for both tech and non-tech roles. A strong candidate for this role will be a seasoned passive exec recruiter/sourcer, with the ability to think outside the box on sourcing campaigns. They are passionate about providing a high level of service with C-suite leaders and enjoy partnering cross-functionally to creatively recruit. They are process driven and understand the importance of process documentation. They are strong team players who are passionate about strategy, recruiting leadership candidates and are proud to take part in successfully growing the company.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Create, drive and manage the candidate research & sourcing strategy for each assigned executive search (Director-level +) with partnership and input from hiring partners (hiring executives and talent partners) and executive recruiters.
- Build a comprehensive strategy for identifying & engaging a wide array of diverse candidates for each search with support from recruiters and Diversity & Belonging partners.
- Partner with Executive Recruiters to:
- Prepare for and present relevant market data at all points of client interaction (search scoping & discovery meetings, search progress meetings, interview team calibration sessions, etc.).
- Compile thorough and relevant, yet creative, target company lists.
- Gather and present relevant Executive candidate profiles (calibration bios early in search process; accurate & on-spec bios thereafter).
- Conduct “deep dive,” competency-based assessments of candidates to ensure clients are only seeing qualified, top-of-market talent.
- Partner with Executive Recruiters to manage Slack’s Exec Recruiting Market Intelligence Hub (collection of in-depth knowledge and data around sectors, industries, companies, and functional areas, along with target company lists and candidate market maps).
- Drive thought leadership around the future of Slack’s Exec Recruiting Market Intelligence Hub, and how it can serve both short-term and long-term research needs.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in the research process, showing knowledge of research sources, industries and markets, organizational structures and companies. Utilize publicly-available, subscription-based, and proprietary resources, social media, and other channels to add to Slack’s Market Intelligence Hub.
- Create and drive a diversity network for external senior executives.
- Identify, lead and drive team and cross-functional research-related projects to completion.
- Partner with other members of Exec Recruiting team to continually evolve exec recruiting research at Slack into a world-class function.
What you should have
- Minimum 8 years experience working within Recruiting. Including 3-5+ years of relevant Executive Search work experience with an analytical focus, including daily exposure to senior executives in a corporate, management consulting or executive search environment.
- Highly refined presence and polish; strong business acumen, intellectual curiosity, analytical critical thinking and excellent advisory skills.
- High level of Business Acumen for researching and networking leadership roles.
- Experience supporting Executives and C-suite in a recruiting environment.
- Research/sourcing experience in an executive search firm or corporate environment, executing a variety of searches with an emphasis on an individualized candidate experience.
- Expert at independently owning and driving the search strategy. Able to thoughtfully set out the target company universe and prioritize effectively based on key market insights.
- Proven ability to recruit high-touch candidates, preferably in the technology industry.
- Executive presence; strong consultative skills and domain expertise to build productive partnerships with leaders and exceed their expectations of excellence.
- Ability to get up to speed quickly on new markets and to run a thorough, best-in-class search process, including leadership candidate research, outreach, engagement, evaluation and presentation.
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.