Sr. Technical Program Manager, Product Engineering
At Slack, we are making work simpler, more pleasant, and more productive. For Product, that means building the most intuitive, fast and easy to use product for our customers and users.
Slack is seeking an experienced Technical Program Manager to drive programs for Slack’s Foundations Product Development team. In this role, you’ll partner with Engineering, Product, Design, Quality, and cross-functional development teams such as Infrastructure, Data Engineering, and Product Security to structure a program around integration of third party tools in Slack. Slack has successful integrations with the largest providers of productivity tools - think Microsoft, Google, etc. These integrations are ever evolving and we need someone who can build a strategy and manage implementation of these applications.
- Working closely with your Product Management and Engineering counterparts to develop a strategy, roadmaps, and quarterly goals for continued integration with our largest partners. This includes understanding and managing all aspects of these integrations such as policy, legal, security, technical architecture, delivery and how to support new features within Slack.
- Establish metrics to measure the health of the program
- Build and maintain timelines, project plans, and communication artifacts to ensure everyone is operating from the most recent and accurate information
- Build and maintain systems for tracking project health and people allocation
- Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, release, and post release phases
- Perform risk management and scope management on projects, and identify blockers
- Provide timely updates to stakeholders as changes occur with projects within the programs they support
- Identify decisions required to move a project forward, determine the decision makers, and ensure decisions are made in order to drive projects forward
- Plan and execute high value cross-team meetings
- Drive agile processes to enable teams, from sprint planning to retrospectives, with an eye towards optimization and team unity
- At least 6 years leading planning, resource management, project lifecycles, and workflows in a dynamic product or engineering organization
- Experience with enterprise software and integration of third party APIs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with sufficient level of technical capability to effectively communicate with engineers and identify technical risks
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, and experience managing activities across multiple teams
- Demonstrated track record of delivering complex projects and programs with cross-functional teams
- Experience with agile product development practices and principles
- Self-motivated and the ability to motivate others
- Can effectively cope with change
- JIRA user experience
- Basic SQL skills
- JIRA administrator experience
- You can draw from your experience of working at a company that scaled quickly
- Experience with OKRs
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. Slack's investors include many of the best-recognized firms in the world, including Accel Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, Social+Capital, KPCB, Google Ventures, Horizons Ventures, IVP, Spark Growth, DST, and Index Ventures. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.